What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I knew they're removing the triple helix from 01:25 to 02:12, but I thought they were keeping the section at 0:2:32 to 02:48. If that's also going then the brake run will have a completely different layout that I didn't think would be possible. :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf7Hpon_Fnc[/youtube]

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, and it seems that it would come in screaming into the break run if that were the case, which I can't imagine. I assume there to be a small section of hills, kind of like the end of Giant up there. It would just be too abrupt. I seem to recall that in the first rendering, it showed in the background a small set of hills.

Why can't this have a helicopter flying over so we could see the layout. :roll:

Martyn B

CF Legend
WTF....

thumb_26jan13_1.jpg

From TPR.

:shock:

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Yea, that first drop is going to be insane! Plus the severe openess of the trains will add in the "Oh ****..." thought!

So excited about this xD

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Reminds me of Renegade's first drop. Except this one might actually work. ;)

RenegadePre2.jpg

Smithy

Strata Poster
That looks. Odd.

Almost looks like there's a small bunny hop by the second bracket outwards working down. Doesn't look like a smooth sort of drop and pull out.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Everyone also thought the small hill before the first overbank on Giant would be too intense/small/pointless, when it isn't.

That drop is absolutely fantastic looking. How it hugs the wall and the twists, just yes please. I can't wait to see a reverse POV of it, considering you won't get a feel for the amount of air from a normal one.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
That's not terribly far off the original Rattler's first drop as originally built, and before it was neutered.

...And that's a good thing.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Wow. That's about all I can say. Wow. This will be one of the most exciting coasters to ride ever just because of a first drop like that.

bmac

Giga Poster
Not to mention it hits the brake run straight out of the tunnel. This thing is going to be a pretty quick, and hopefully balls to the wall intense.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That last photo has all kinds of hot noise from a poor blurring attempt on photoshop...

At any rate, this coaster looks unreal. Just looking at the massive elements being propped up by seemingly minuscule supports - it is a wild layout!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

That looks like it will feel very interesting going through that Zero-G Roll.

I wonder if all of RMCs Zero-Gs will look like that, or if they will eventually change into what we normally see.