What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
The reddit photo shows the top most part of a No Limits clone of the SkyRocket2 model cropped ever-so-tight to barely show anything but part of the ride and the top of a Six Flags logo.
I'm betting its a troll and I hope the red/yellow look is a joke as well, since they already have an amazing yet ugly red and yellow coaster in that park.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I have a theory:

This is the new updated version of the skyrocket, also known as the skyrocket 4, which instead of going straight into the station after its cycle it has an extended layout.
If I recall correctly, Ice Breaker is actually a Skyrocket IV.

I really think that the Skyrocket II image is a red herring. Fiesta Texas says they've been working on this project for 5 years now, and that it'll be a new signature attraction for the park - a Skyrocket II, while being an enjoyable, surprisingly varied coaster, definitely doesn't fit that bill in my opinion. I'm still predicting that this is going to be an S&S Axis.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I really think that the Skyrocket II image is a red herring. Fiesta Texas says they've been working on this project for 5 years now, and that it'll be a new signature attraction for the park - a Skyrocket II, while being an enjoyable, surprisingly varied coaster, definitely doesn't fit that bill in my opinion. I'm still predicting that this is going to be an S&S Axis
If this is not an axis then I will eat my shoes. They're falling apart anyways. Can post a video here of me eating part of the sole if this is the case. We've got a ridiculous amount of evidence that really does seem to have SFFT Axis written all over it. Granted, I've reached the wrong conclusion before for many a new coaster, we all have, but the solute has really gathered at the bottom of the cup here.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Hey, uh, someone said it was the 28th that Six Flags was gonna do announcements, but is it the 28th of JULY or the 28th of AUGUST? Just wondering.

Christian

Hyper Poster
If this is not an axis then I will eat my shoes. They're falling apart anyways. Can post a video here of me eating part of the sole if this is the case. We've got a ridiculous amount of evidence that really does seem to have SFFT Axis written all over it. Granted, I've reached the wrong conclusion before for many a new coaster, we all have, but the solute has really gathered at the bottom of the cup here.

We don't have a ridiculous amount of evidence... We have no evidence at all.

Hey, uh, someone said it was the 28th that Six Flags was gonna do announcements, but is it the 28th of JULY or the 28th of AUGUST? Just wondering.

Six Flags announcements are usually at the end of August but if this is something really special they might announced it before, just like they did with Wonder Woman. I think we have at least a month left to wait. SF haven't even put up the site teasing the announcement yet which they usually do a couple of weeks before.

cookie

Giga Poster
Six Flags announcements are usually at the end of August but if this is something really special they might announced it before, just like they did with Wonder Woman. I think we have at least a month left to wait. SF haven't even put up the site teasing the announcement yet which they usually do a couple of weeks before.
Fiesta Texas’s park president has already said we’re not getting chain-wide announcements this year.

And @Cranedude it is July 28th.

Tonydawild1

Roller Poster
I think either Axis or Zamperla or Itatmin with a water feature! Maybe if you look at all the clues something with its past to now!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Screamscape is reporting that SFFT will not be a major coaster, but another major attraction that would have opened in 2021.
41404D22-97B0-448F-9E3F-94B86E9F35EA.jpeg
The discussion is for an attraction intended for the former SF Dubai project, with the justification that SF had acquired many of its intended rides, including Aquaman for SFOT (that theory has been debunked). However, it did get me thinking; what if this is not the rumoured coaster, or specifically an axis? We could be looking at a world-first flying theatre attraction (there are many unbuilt variants and it’s become somewhat of a trend). Besides, Sundance Threatre is no small removal for any attraction short of ultra-significant.

The thing about Screamscape is that Lance is always either right on the money or quite far off, so we shall see if this goes anywhere.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
It could be a coaster still remember there were certain rides they need to get rid of!! I'm hoping the dive will see??
As far as we know the 6 confirmed SF Dubai coasters are all accounted for and in Dubai; Mack hyper and powersplash in pieces, Maurer spinner, GCI, and S&S freespin under construction, and the Taxi #1 plus a bunch of other stuff is already operational. If something gets relocated from SF Dubai, it wouldn’t be a coaster, and I’m open to dismissing the prospect of no SF Dubai rides being relocated outside of Dubai Parks.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Screamscape is reporting that SFFT will not be a major coaster, but another major attraction that would have opened in 2021.
View attachment 12679
The discussion is for an attraction intended for the former SF Dubai project, with the justification that SF had acquired many of its intended rides, including Aquaman for SFOT (that theory has been debunked). However, it did get me thinking; what if this is not the rumoured coaster, or specifically an axis? We could be looking at a world-first flying theatre attraction (there are many unbuilt variants and it’s become somewhat of a trend). Besides, Sundance Threatre is no small removal for any attraction short of ultra-significant.

The thing about Screamscape is that Lance is always either right on the money or quite far off, so we shall see if this goes anywhere.
please please please Lance pull through

I need this