What's new

Singapore (+Universal) and Perth

Gazza

Giga Poster
So, I've been wanting to visit USS ever since it opened, but was waiting for Transformers to open.
Well it did in December, and a combination of a gap between the end of my Internship and the commencement of masters at the end of this month, and the opportunity to do all the airfares for $1100 was too good to refuse. I decided to go home via Perth because its one major Australian city I am yet to visit (Never even set foot in the state of Western Australia), plus I've only got 2 more fixed coasters in Australia to ride, and Adventure World in Perth has one of them.

Day 1

The flight over is an easy 8h or so....Much more bearable than flights to LA or to the UK. A good 5 h was taken up by finally watching the final 2 Potter movies (No, I hadn't seen them yet!)
Time difference is only 2 hours, and the flight left after lunch, so it felt like a pretty cruisy afternoon more than anything.

Touched down at Changi in the early evening....Great Airport, very modern, and very efficient! Put it this way, the immigration hall doesn't even have switchbacks, because there are so many lanes and you get through in around a minute.
432132_10150518189891105_607966104_9073832_229836190_n.jpg

The run into the Singapore CBD was pretty straightfoward too. I got myself an Ez-Link (Which is like an Oyster Card)
A branch of the MRT is under the airport, trains leave every 6 minutes, and it is a quick cross platform interchange at Tanah Merah to a NW line train to City Hall, and another cross platform interchange to the NS line to get to Dhoby Ghaut.
For the non transport nerds/those outside of London etc, a cross platform interchange is when different train lines pull up on opposite sides of the same platform. So instead of having to climb stairs and go along walkways to change trains, what happens is that both trains pull up in parralel, doors open on both, and you walk about 5m, seamlessly, across the platform. A few seconds later, doors close and both trains depart. The whole MRT system is spotless and very quick and efficient.

From Dhoby Ghaut it was not too far to my accomodation. The place was YHA/HI affiliated, so not too expensive. Had a private room with ensuite, but no TV. Not that I cared too much, the place had Breakfast and WiFi and was very clean, so I was set. It's also right in the heart of the island, and close to Orchard Rd.

393901_10150521100561105_200438173_n.jpg

On the walk there, there was a McDonalds, and I was hungry, so I did my usual thing of stopping in to try the localised menu item, which was the rather good chicken teppanyaki burger with pepper grill sauce, Iced Milo seems to be a big thing in Singapore, which I had many of over there (A chocolate/malt/barley and milk drink you can get in Aus/NZ, the pacific and SE Asia)
426937_10150518927091105_607966104_9075458_1341425264_n.jpg

After dropping my bags I did a bit more exploring around the immediate vicinity. Even at 8-9 at night the place is full of people. There is very little crime in the city, so you can really enjoy it. The climate is pretty much the same as Brisbane summer time...Mid 20s and 80% humidity, so I was finding it pretty pleasant, even if others from colder climates mightn't. Little india was a short walk away and was all lit up for some sort of festival and the streets were lined with plenty of food shops. In the other direction was Plaza Singapura...The density of the country means it is loaded with huge shopping centers at close intervals. Ended up grabbing a few necessities at the Carrefour and wandering around a bit. Before I knew it it was 10pm (12am Brisbane time) so I headed for bed.
432332_10150521114366105_607966104_9081822_1347696322_n.jpg

Day 2
Today was all about heading to Universal Singapore on Sentosa Island. It's about a 15 mins on the MRT NW Line to Harbourfront. This was pretty cool because it's a newer line, so the trains are driverless and you can ride up the front if you wish:
417570_10150521103591105_607966104_9081795_1333169595_n.jpg

You get spewed out into the Vivo City shopping center, and from there you have a few options for getting across to the Island. There's a monorail, or you can go to a neighbouring building, ride to the 10th floor, and take the cable car across. There's also the Sentosa Boardwalk, which is a series of covered moving walkways and urban spaces across to the island. It's an easy 10-15 min walk across to the Island, Just follow the signs in Vivo City to get out there.
395221_10150521107481105_607966104_9081809_178244114_n.jpg

I had some time to kill before ticket booths opened, so I explored the Resorts World development, which kinda is like Citywalk (But owned by Genting, not Universal), has a few restaurants, cafes, hotels, concept stores and a maritime museum. Here's the whole lot from a distance:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4623_n.jpg
The maritime museum is the red thing that looks like an upturned boat. The cable car can be seen too, but I rode that another day.

And of course, I did the usual thing of taking a bad selfie in front of the Universal globe:
425200_10150521109781105_607966104_9081813_1127334101_n.jpg

But hey, at least I got Australia in!

Opening time rolled around and the crowds of Malaysians started to gather (Malaysians are to USS what Brits/Brazilians are to Orlando, except they are much better behaved and all own SLR cameras.

Now this is where I'm going to apologise in advance. I've only got iPhone pics to begin with, as I haven't begun to upload pics from my camera anywhere. That's where all the money shots of the rides are etc...Took around 500 pics. I have only a few pics of the park taken on my phone.

Just before opening they bring out Kung Fu Panda and Woody Woodpecker to parade around the gates and wave and pump up the crowds. The gates opened at 9:50 ( :) ) so I headed straight for....

photo.php

Transformers: Ultimate 3D Battle.

It has SRQ, but I did the main one to see more of the theming elements that you miss in the SRQ, like the allspark shard and a few cabinets of stuff.
But you still get the storyline properly either way.

Neck and neck with Harry Potter as the worlds best theme park attraction. Just really well polished and put together, and immersive from start to finish. If you are tossing up wether to visit USS, go for this one!
Because its new, I'll put it in Spoiler tags. Basically the story of the ride is that you are volunteers of NEST, a partnership between Human and Autobots to protect the allspark from the Decepticons (Autobots: Good, Deceptions: Bad, Allspark: A shard of material able to bring machines to life with its touch)

So, the queue takes you through a typical military base themed area, with concrete walls, computers, flashing control panels, red warning lights, buzzing alarms etc. The decepticons are breaking in, and you have to roll out with Evac (A new Autobot) to transport the allspark to safety. The safety vid is quite humours, with some banter between Evac, and a computerised voice...sample dialouge :
Computer: "Goodbye Humans"
Evac: "I think you mean good luck"
Computer: "Goodbye Humans"

You load in and leave the station, a large screen shows a security breach. Evac tells you to be on the look out for trouble, but he is interrupted mid sentence by some (very convincing sounding) machine gun fire.
You go around the corner to the first screen. A truck with a robotic arm attempts to load you with the allspark, but ravage jumps in, grabs it, jumps on the bonnet of the vehicle and snaps at you, before leaping away onto an overhead catwalk.
You turn and head to the next screen. Bumblebee comes itn to assist, grabbing ravage, taking back the allspark, and tossing it to you (all to the tune of "Give it to me baby")
Evac extends his arm to catch it (Funny to imagine your ride vehicle as a setient being), but another decepticon grabs you by the arm trying to take it. Optimus Prime jumps in to assist, tackling the decepticon, giving you a chance to esape.

With a screch of the tyres you move out of the base and into the city streets (screen 3). Optimus gives the order to roll out, and you speed away, avoiding traffic. Its not smooth for long, as you pin backwards to outrun that deception with saws on his hands (name?)
You dodge and weave, eventuall reversing into a subway tunnel. Just as you cross the tracks a train barrels through, decaptiating the head of the decepticon that was just chasing you.

You bust through and find yourself in a sewer. Megatron appears again and tries to attack (screen 4), but he bumps into a water main, breaking it, and spraying his arm (and you) with a bit of water. That gives you a chance to escape. You head around a couple of turns through some tunnels, tyres screching and engine roaring, and the vehicle turning this way and that..."Wrong way...we're trapped".
Eventually you exit the tunnel and find yourself in the pit of a construction site (screen 5). A deception jumps down and brutally knocks away a scaffold, sending poles flying at you. It then launches a missile, which gets right in your face, but files overhead, exploding behind. You feel the hot air of the explosion and see the glow. You spin 180 and see a huge hole blasted in the wall, and you pass through it. What is cool is that the exposed reinforcing mesh glows red hot and then fades at the tips.

You reach the 6th screen (the hole in the wall leads to a subway station), but all of sudden a powerful rush of air sucks you up and out to street level....Devistator is using his giant vacuum mouth to suck up everything. EVAC takes evasive action and takes cover, speeding away along the streets. You transition to screen 7, where Sideswipe appears and tries to attack, but time slows down (bullet time type effect), evac takes his gun, leaps over, shoots at his head, then lands back on the ground.
You try to speed away, but Devistaor is back, and you, along with several cars get sucked back, towards his mouth. Right as you go through EVAC engages his shields, and you pass straight through devistators mouth and out the otherside.
You aren't free for long though, as a flying decepticon comes in, hooks you with a cable and takes you on a terrfying flight above the streets, including a moment where you fishtail around into the side of an office building, smashing through the window, through tables and chairs, and back out the other side, taking out a concrete column for good measure.
This causes the cable to come loose, and you are hurled onto the top floor of a skyscraper under construction.
EVAC speeds around the floor, trying to find a way out (with some realisic theming like temporary construction lights on cables, and bits of equipment), you come to another screen (#8), where Optimus and Megatron are battling it out, knocking over the tower crane in the process. Megatron urges you to protect the allspark. you turn away, to another screne, where that fighter jet decepticon comes in, shoots down a hovering NEST helicopter, before transforming and flying away.

You turn away to another screen (#9).. Evac asks "We're on our own, What do we do?". At that moment Megatron comes down and says "Beg for mercy". Optimus reappears and the two wrestle each other away.
Evac gets some balls, and says "No more running, he takes off and jumps onto Megatron from behind and says "If he wants the allspark, he can have it!", and proceeds to jam it into his back, causing him to overload.
As this happens everyone falls of the skycscraper...Evac: "Oh no!". This is just like Spiderman, where it feels like you are really falling.
Right as you are about to hit the ground bumblebee catches you. The force of it causes you to fall through the pavement and land in an underground car park.
You turn away from the scene and see crumbled columns and bits of street furniture/cars have fallen down with you.

You reach the final scene, where Optimus bends down and says "Your bravery has saved the planet, well done!".
You head back to the unload station, and above you you can see a full sized Megatron replica has fallen through the roof. As you pass under his red eyes fade into lifelessness.

The unload station is back in NEST headquarters, and you can see ninja stars stuck in the walls and roof and other signs that a battle has been going on whilst you were gone.

Woah, as I said, really well done. Better than Spiderman, and it never really lets up at all.

The ride takes place across two floors due to limited space in Singapore (And Hollywood) The lifting happens on the 3rd screen, and the trip down via a quick decent on the 'Freefall Scene' screen...a bonus because it enhances the falling sensation a bit. Would be awesome if they could make it do a Th13teen style true freefall, but that would be pushing in on this type of ride.
You do have to really look to notice the two lifts,...The GP wont in general, and even I didn't realise till my 3rd ride. But basically there are two of them in mirror image (for capacity reasons), when one goes up, the other goes down. The room is a big half cylinder. The projector is mounted on a pole at the back of the lifting platform, so when you go up, everything moves together. The curve of the walls of the room that the image is projected on means your whole field of vision is taken up. I took a ride where i didn't wear my glasses, and looked at the ceiling etc so I could see how it all worked.

I'd give this a 10/10 for sure.

I kept moving around to:
427542_10150521111026105_607966104_9081815_1677436212_n.jpg

Battlestar Galactica Cylon
Despite the best efforts of this ride to imitate a B&M, it ain't one, and I doubt any prospective park would pick this model over the B&M inverted coaster unless it was wayyyy cheaper. The new rubber harness design is comfortable and eliminates headbanging, but the ride still doesn't track smoothly enough, and has some definite shaking, including some pretty strong shocks as you drop into the vertical loop. Some things never change. Still, its very reridable, so this isn't a dealbreaker, but rather a lost opportunity for Vekoma to "be good". The dueling moments aren't as close as th old Dueling Dragons...more just a nice visual (And you get to experience the dueling effect better on the Human side....anyways...)
The queue is themed to be like a Cylon base, with a cool double mirrored/one way glass type thing, where it was basically a section of wall with glass on it, and it looked like there were long rows of cylon robots behind it, dissapearing to infinity. The interior section of the queue was typical alien spacecraft stuff, but the walls as you approached the station were a bit like nemesis at alton, where it had flesh type stuff growing over metal and hoses.
You head out of the station, launch upwards quite quickly, get slowed a little bit, go over the top, down a drop and into the cobra roll, the track then races alongside the Human track, around a very high up helix (great views), down and into a cobra roll. This leads into another helix, and a large drop into a trench with fog, where you hit top speed and go around a loop. You come up again, around a turn, and into a zero g roll, which doesn't actually deserve to be called one. Its more like a barrel roll the train ambles through, with no real weightlessness. One last helix leads to the brakes.
I enjoyed 5 min queues both days for this one, so I got many rides in.

Pressing on, I went around to Canopy Flyers fearing low capacity. It was still walkon at this point. Be sure to ask about single riders, because they have cards they give out to let you do this.

I rode 3 (not all at once) front and back n stuff. Fun little ride, with nice views, and it goes over the top of tree canopies as the name suggests, but it is over pretty quickly, but at least the best part, a tight helix is right at the end and that's where it really swings. There were cute bits of theming, like chunks of amber with mosquitos embedded inside in the rock walls in the queue.

After that I turned around to get on....

Revenge of the Mummy
-Pretty soild like the Orlando version, but I still don't think its a "worlds greatest" like many say, but still very good by all means.
The story is a bit different...You are aparently looking for 'the book of the living' to destroy Imhotep, rather than the Orlando one, where its a movie set and "The curse is real".
The downside of this is that the scene where you had the false unload station is replaced with Imhothep appearing with 'the book' and still damning you to death. Still fire on the ceiling etc, but none of the breaking glass, which I liked.
Otherwhise, its largely identical to Orlando, except the animatroincs are cheaper and more jerky. Cant argue with 5 min queue times. SRQ is again availab.e
The ride is set in an actual temple, and they have done a good job at theming the side of the building, such that the side facing Jurrasic Park matches that area, and the side facing Sci Fi city matches that area.
The bottom floor spends ages ziggzaging around tombs and wooden fences..ahem buttressing, with the odd crate, giant vase, block, mummy coffin etc forming an obstacle for the queue to get around...The waiting areas are massive at this park...Bigger than many Disney attractions even, would hate to see it on a busy day.
The ride starts off with a dark ride in a tomb, with cool stuff like writing appearing magically across a wall. You reach a treasure room guarded by Imhotep, which erutps in flames and mummy zombies pop up either side of the track. You rush to escape under a large dropping stone door, going down a little drop to get under....Eventually you reach a dead end, bump into a wall, cracking it (hard brake!), and causing thousands of scarab beetles to being swarming over the wall (All done with projectors) You reverse away to escape down a small drop, spin around on a turntable to face forwards again, where Imhotep tells you to "prepare to surrender your souls". At this moment, you launch uphill, through a cloud of green smoke and into a dark coaster section, with sweeping banked turns and small airtime hills, with the best pop being right at the top of the launch before the downhill curve. The carboard cutouts are more subudued, with the paint on the edges fading to black and no neon lights like the Hollywood version, so they work better and actually look like floating figures. Eventually you reach another room...Imhotep appears again, threatens you, the roof erupts in flames, and you then get launched down a drop into a pit full of red fog, and through one final coaster section.
After that you hit the final brake run before the station. Somehow Imhotep has been put back in a Mummy coffin, so we're all good!

I saw that JP River Adventure was building up a bit, but you have to pay $4 for an hour rental of the lockers there (Unlike Mummy/BSG, which have free ones), so I just spited them and used the lockers at Mummy. This ride is stupidly wet, like the rapids at SFMM. Ponchos don't help. Don't take a camera. Don't take a phone. Don't wear shoes that soak up water.

My first experience with the Hafema version of this ride type. The boats do let a lot of water in and spin a lot, which is good if thats your thing. There were perhaps not quite enough waves....A couple, but i do like rocking and rolling the whole time. The loading area is a bit of a clusterf***...you enter and exit on the same side, and the boats move along an aluminium conveyer belt that you walk on, so everyone is kinda trying to get on whilst others get off.
Found it funny too that the boats are made of "rubbish bin plastic" rather than fibreglass like most rapids boats.
Anyways, you go off the end of the conveyer belt down some rollers and splash into a gentle river and go through a couple of dino habitats. Up ahead the river becomes more treacherous, and you see washed away fences, an upturned raft and a flooded out guards post with water pouring out of broken windows and bits of furniture bobbing in the water. Things keep getting worse and you get washed down a canyon past some raptors, eventually reaching a water intake for the JP hydroelectric plant. The tunnel is pretty plain actually....literally black walls with the odd warning sign about dangerous water currents. It is in here that you get unavoidably wet in the first instance, passing under a fast flowing leaking pipe. Eventually you wash into a 'vertical hydrovato'r. You hear a voice..."Help me, I'm up here!"....you soon discover the T-Rex is up there too, snapping at you as you come up the vertical lift. Only some guests will get a good view due to the circular nature of the boat. I didn't get to see her teeth, rather it's neck and chin underside.
At the top, the doors open and you go down a drop about as big as the one on the Flume at Alton, hit the water, and get SATURATED by the wave. It's a gentle trip back to the station, with a couple of fountains adding insult to injury.

Had skipped it earlier, but went back to get on Battlestar Galactica Human

This is like a Human base where they are stationed to fight the Cylons. On the bottom floor the main feature you'll see is a repica Human battle spacecraft. The rest of the queue has futuristic airforce type theming...Think cages with flight suits, pinboards with photos of pilots giving the thumbs up, TV screens with video transmissions from your commander stressing the importance of the mission etc, and wartime throwback posters encouraging humans to enlist and fight the Cylons, enlist to fix viper fighter spacecraft etc. The ride safey vid is done like a 1940s wartime education video, with shaky images and pastel colours, and graphical styles of the time, telling you how to board the 'spacecraft'.
Again, you launch upwards, over the hill, down a large drop under the cobra roll and then 'orbit' up around the cobra roll. You run paralel to Cylon for a bit, before doing a helix in the other direction, flying by. The rest of the ride is more helixes and so forth, encountering the Cylon track from time to time. Right near the end the Cylon track swoops right above your head quite closely. It feels like an adult roller skater basically, and sounds and shakes like one too (Literally!) Good well paced ride, but again needs to be smoother. This one is marginally more popular than Cylon, but still short queues the whole time.

Pressed on to finally see the other side of the park.

Enchanted Airways
Typically rollerskater, but sounds a bit smoother and quieter when it runs. Lap bars are individual and quite narrow so your legs get pressed together. The queue has plenty of funny Shrek universe details, and the ride layout has various animatronics of well known characters helping out with the aviation operation, like Grandmother wolf waving landing lights and Pinnochio manning a guards booth, and the 3 blind mice in the control tower.

I got lunch at Glorias, and got a chicken cutlet bento with an iced milo. Didn't touch the Agar jelly.
401120_10150521968041105_607966104_9085296_137583234_n.jpg

The chicken cutlet was particularly nice.

Nearby was Madagascar: A crate Adventure
Pretty cutsey queue line, with a maze of bamboo switchbacks, irregular shade sail roofs, decorated with colourful island lights (some of them pufferfish)
I havent seen Madagascar, but basically your boat goes through the hull of a huge ship which forms the facade of the ride, and on the other side you discover the animals have been marooned on the island. Through here you go through a very nice jungle environment with the various characters in a few gag situations. One of my favourites was a couple of monkeys..."If you see anyone, throw poo at them!", cue the water droplet effects.
At one point, to escape (some crocs I think?) the boat runs on a fast conveyer belt.
You eventually encounter King Julien, the Lemur, who complains that the Foosa are always ruining their parties by ripping their heads off etc. At this point, you get the feeling they were short on money because the whole section is CGI on screens rather than animatronics.
So after that you go into Foosa territory along with all the other shipwrecked animals to try and stop them.
This last section goes back to being all 'animaltroinics' though, and you pass through a volcano, where you see the animals taking on the foosas, who are defeated by a stick of TNT provided by the penguins and carelessly thrown by King JulienA pretty colourful and energetic ride, which i guess the kiddies love. Was alright, but I only rode it once, and I'm struggling to remember all of it, so I guess it perhaps didn't leave a lasting impression.

Back in the NYC section is Lights, Camera, Action
Special effects show akin to Backdraft and Twister, but its all automated, so works more like the effects seen in a dark ride...Pretty fogood. In particular, this is one ride queue where it looks like the park was built 20 years ago...Rusted, bubbling paint, crumbing concrete edges etc.

I'll actually adress that point now. The park is well detailed and themed, but local construction labour resources, and local climate (Causing rapid corrosion and staining of concrete) means that some bits weren't built as well as they should have been.
395709_10150547914821105_607966104_9157961_357862616_n.jpg

429605_10150547921906105_607966104_9157978_743392456_n.jpg

It's a bit like what Ben was saying about World Joyland with splattered paint and spilled concrete just left from construction. It's not as bad as that, but it is noticeable, and also sometimes stuff like plant equipment wasn't hidden from view properly:
425191_10150547919381105_607966104_9157968_1555111109_n.jpg

Or conduits that are supposed to be under a slab, but the upper layer of concrete has chipped away.
Just worrying on such a young park. I think the worst looking bit was probably the area immediately around Battlestar, with cheap fencing etc:
422982_10150547917021105_607966104_9157965_1097892237_n.jpg

Dunno, maybe because I've done a few defects inspections on buildings prior to handover I notice this sort of stuff.

But back to this attraction!

The queue for the ride is just under a big roof behind the NY facades, with various large movie posters suspended from the ceiling.
The queue is split in 3, and enters the first room in parallel, at 3 tiered levels. The first room has Speilberg going on about the wonders of movie effects and the history of sound stages. You then watch a short clip of various well known movie effects (Eg the takeoff in Apollo 13, Frankenstein coming to life in the original film, the flying bikes in ET, The Delorean in BTTF jumping through time and so on.
The next room is configured the same way, inside a New York boat shed, and you are about to film the scene of a Category 5 cyclone.
Very well put together, with the backdrop of city skyline and harbour actually being a projection screen set a fair way back, giving proper depth.
You'll see the water catch fire, boats fall off their ceiling hooks and splash into the water, window panels get blown away, wind, rain, waves on the water, debris crashing through the ceiling, boat chemical cabinets catch fire and heaps more. The Grand finale is a ship crashing through the boathouse doors, and coming a fair way in! The floor drops at the end like on Twister at USF.

For the rest of the day It was a lot of re-riding, thanks to short queues, crowds that don't necessarily do a lot of riding, and SRQ. I was kinda deliberately avoiding Water World (But I gave in and watched in the next day)

I did go and see Shrek 4D, which we had at Movie World...Really just exactly on par with ours, but the preshow room is bigger, and the impressive castle exterior.

The park has a parade at 6, but i killled some time prior by seeing Monsters of Rock in Pantages Hollywood Theatre.
The Show is MCed by an American in a School Uniform, who brings to life 7 classic Universal monsters (Dracula, Frankenstien, Phantom of the Opera, Warewolf, the Bride, a female Mummy), done by having them appear from behind 7 human sized rectangular screens. They perform a few songs, with dialogue and banter between each song. The coreography, lighing, music and pyro were great, but some of them had screechy singing voices (The Bride in particular)
I know I only named 6, but I have NFI who the pink girl is in this pic: http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US ... oodTheater
Worth a look.

I got an evening meal at Mels. It's not a dine in though, rather more like a regular fast food outlet with a counter. I tried the 'Shiok' Burger, a "Uniquley Singaporean Taste"...Beef, tomato, lettuce, bacon, onion rings, avacado....Yeah doing alright so far, until I realised it had chicken floss on it, which I promptly picked off.

The Hollywood Dream Parade time rolled around. Some cool stuff, like a T rex float, a scorpion king float (A single bloke was in it, sticking out waist up), a few tropical Madagascar ones with heaps of people in animal suits and so forth. Lots of general street actors too, like people in 30s style journalist outfits with old style cameras who would dance along and freeze every now and then to all shoot a photo in sync together.

And now I suddenly have to head off, so I'll continue this TR later.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Re: Singapore (+Universal!) and Perth

Pic time:

Hollywood

427988_10150548544396105_607966104_9159771_1733852293_n.jpg

418014_10150548544581105_607966104_9159772_427098427_n.jpg

422405_10150548544006105_607966104_9159770_1315143228_n.jpg

423051_10150548544906105_607966104_9159773_1795582171_n.jpg

431002_10150548545276105_607966104_9159775_998593641_n.jpg

429287_10150548545656105_607966104_9159776_1826590522_n.jpg

NYC

395564_10150548538866105_607966104_9159762_433166483_n.jpg

419486_10150548539736105_607966104_9159764_661339112_n.jpg

405919_10150548539231105_607966104_9159763_332953173_n.jpg

418504_10150548540131105_607966104_9159765_2014988716_n.jpg

Sci Fi City

398673_10150548557416105_607966104_9159818_371100648_n.jpg

416843_10150548557861105_607966104_9159820_2052618605_n.jpg

403202_10150548558311105_607966104_9159822_1350045470_n.jpg

430561_10150548565721105_607966104_9159836_124093513_n.jpg

401303_10150548566316105_607966104_9159839_1901029181_n.jpg

427203_10150548566651105_607966104_9159840_125018546_n.jpg

426305_10150548566061105_607966104_9159837_65951594_n.jpg

406514_10150548571711105_607966104_9159857_1190571063_n.jpg

406539_10150548571976105_607966104_9159858_1143918990_n.jpg

428191_10150548573536105_607966104_9159863_1155191014_n.jpg

430271_10150548573226105_607966104_9159862_690557435_n.jpg

429882_10150548572846105_607966104_9159860_782751085_n.jpg

421368_10150548574071105_607966104_9159865_1455112038_n.jpg

421913_10150548574591105_607966104_9159867_49213723_n.jpg

422461_10150548579466105_607966104_9159877_1001666359_n.jpg

425676_10150548578571105_607966104_9159874_187912323_n.jpg

419766_10150548572326105_607966104_9159859_1339705697_n.jpg

427013_10150548582181105_607966104_9159894_764970490_n.jpg

431235_10150548579831105_607966104_9159878_1655011276_n.jpg

425172_10150548578961105_607966104_9159876_982987786_n.jpg

424859_10150548584356105_607966104_9159906_1216190010_n.jpg

Madagascar

432157_10150548561846105_607966104_9159825_1586413628_n.jpg

397115_10150548562226105_607966104_9159826_979369400_n.jpg

421919_10150548562936105_607966104_9159829_561911921_n.jpg

417592_10150548562661105_607966104_9159828_691959406_n.jpg

Lost World

421702_10150548530281105_607966104_9159691_2119348630_n.jpg

421702_10150548530266105_607966104_9159689_1384782904_n.jpg

421702_10150548530276105_607966104_9159690_1174446859_n.jpg

423554_10150548536631105_607966104_9159757_39187908_n.jpg

421702_10150548530291105_607966104_9159693_900142324_n.jpg

405567_10150548537581105_607966104_9159758_858767776_n.jpg

Egypt

425183_10150548593996105_607966104_9159966_136419048_n.jpg

406544_10150548569976105_607966104_9159852_653375053_n.jpg

395555_10150548568536105_607966104_9159845_1900690832_n.jpg

395557_10150548568946105_607966104_9159847_1283911693_n.jpg

426761_10150548569231105_607966104_9159849_1059652853_n.jpg

425987_10150548569596105_607966104_9159850_105872714_n.jpg

Far Far Away

401075_10150548549176105_607966104_9159783_395759555_n.jpg

419886_10150548547151105_607966104_9159780_1367647563_n.jpg

409428_10150548547441105_607966104_9159781_1961691351_n.jpg

(lol big boy parody)

402554_10150548547766105_607966104_9159782_408864878_n.jpg

407568_10150548551446105_607966104_9159792_1791684631_n.jpg

429808_10150548554831105_607966104_9159804_825789275_n.jpg

427487_10150548555071105_607966104_9159806_1062939106_n.jpg

398717_10150548555511105_607966104_9159809_642363516_n.jpg

420582_10150548555861105_607966104_9159814_498937882_n.jpg

423978_10150548556246105_607966104_9159815_1139006002_n.jpg

Parade

405848_10150548552271105_607966104_9159796_2131819894_n.jpg

399889_10150548551871105_607966104_9159794_2131689193_n.jpg

395255_10150548551141105_607966104_9159791_1035886012_n.jpg

405552_10150548550786105_607966104_9159789_351983254_n.jpg

425638_10150548550381105_607966104_9159787_2146344291_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
WTF is with that dancing clapper board??? :lol:

Great report Gazza, it's nice seeing a bit of the world on a miserable February afternoon. Not convinced by Transformers, but I wasn't by the films either...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Transformers sounds amazing <3

Interested to see a park I will probably never visit, that also looks extremely nice and I would like to!

peep

CF Legend
Awesome PTR! Like Furie said, it's nice to read about places you haven't been to, especially in such amazing detail.

I was totally unaware that most of the park was under cover like Tokyo Disneyland's Main Street. The park does look quite impressive, the scale of some of those attractions is pretty cool.

Look forward to the next instalment of your PTR!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Day 3
It turns out USS's 2 day passes have to be used consecutivley, which is a bit of a bummer. I thought it tended to be industry practice to allow the second day to be used in 14 days.

So the day started very much the same, but a bit later since I didn't have to buy tickets.

On the MRT I spotted this sign. They don't take kindly to any sort of lawbreaking or bad behaviour in Singapore. The No Durians sign is because while the fruit is nice, the prickly outside stinks.
407553_10150523841041105_607966104_9092781_1600207371_n.jpg

$1000 fine for smoking is about 500 GBP / 795 USD.

Forgot to mention, but I wish I could give a $1000 fine to the dumb bitch in the seat in front of me on the flight over, who was putting on nail polish. I could smell fumes to begin with but didn't know where they were coming from, so I hit the call button and asked the hostess if she could smell it. Turns out it was one row in front of me. Hostess was polite and explained it was a noxious substance, spiting of me of my chance to tell the woman how irresponsible and selfish she was.

I spent a lot of the time taking photos and re-riding....Here's a couple of pics of Lights, Camera, Action that I missed....I actually liked twister at USF even if everyone else thinks it's stupid. At least with this you lose all the cheese/overacting, and the into preshow only lasts a couple of minutes.

407516_10150548590771105_607966104_9159941_154646287_n.jpg

420018_10150548591701105_607966104_9159951_2117494708_n.jpg

418571_10150548590996105_607966104_9159944_226359716_n.jpg

The stuff I did this time around included Treasure Hunters which is a car ride like Autopia where the central rail is abit narrower than the guide wheels, so you have some degree of responsibility to steer, lest you want to bang around the course. The cars are equipped with woven mesh doors at the side, cos this is Universal.
The difference is that the cars are electric and the accelerator pedal is just for show...Your speed is actually controlled by the ride computer. The ride winds around some nice scenes like a section with a Nile Crocodile & Cobras, an area of ruins overrun by swarming scarabs (done by having a fallen column, wiht the mid section of the coulumn spinning to simulate the scarabs running around it, and an old bridge where the wooden supports fall away from the sides. If you go early in the day and see it has a 5 min queue, its worth killing time for that.

Throughout the day you can see....
Donkey Live
Not just for kids, and better than Shrek 4D IMO, so don't miss this (Along with Lights, Camera, Action). A bit of a sleeper hit I bet a lot of people will miss. Set in a "Knightclub", It's run live by an Eddie Murphy soundalike and a human accomplacie out in the theatre (casual bench seating), and an animated Donkey on screen matches mouth movements with the presenter (Works like "Turtle Talk with Crush", all the usual crowd interaction, and it flows pretty well. In my Show Donkey was picking on a Malaysian Couple, culiminating in 'marrying' them in the show. Donkey performs a song at the end too.
417294_10150550233361105_607966104_9164518_973627374_n.jpg

The preshow, Which is really just the presenter warming the crowd up and doing the usual preshow stuff ("You can cheer louder than that right?"), also had some cool album covers on the wall:

403345_10150550233726105_607966104_9164521_916437148_n.jpg

424117_10150550233511105_607966104_9164520_554181862_n.jpg

I got an early lunch in Egypt, and had an amazing Chicken Shawarma:

430884_10150521971656105_607966104_9085300_156617582_n.jpg

At 12:30 I caught Waterworld, as Ben/Jake would say it had an excessive waiting area:

424285_10150550238316105_607966104_9164534_1123847102_n.jpg

Have seen the USH version, but it's lots of punching and fighting and people falling off catwalks and boats/jetskis, and some explosions at the end. Centers around a bad guy wanting to take the good girl hostage so they can find "Dry Land". But the good girls BF, who owns this whole water fortress the show takes place in, fights the bad guy and saves the day. The names of said characters are on the tip of my tongue, but I cant **** remember.

405860_10150550237816105_1830415319_n.jpg

430459_10150550238026105_607966104_9164533_48662394_n.jpg

403205_10150550237691105_607966104_9164530_803464521_n.jpg

Discovered too they do Milo ice cream floats at the stand in NYC, but make sure you ask for it without ice or else you drink all the liquid and the ice cream just kind of co-mingles with the icecubes.

396407_10150521975946105_607966104_9085308_606037578_n.jpg

Rounded off the day doing heaps of rides on BSG and Transformers. Transformers was getting 80-90 min queues, but SRQ was about 10 mins at most.

A couple of consecutive days of theme parking left me feeling a bit rooted so I headed back to the hotel for an early night.

Overall, a really solid park, but I just hope they keep up on the maitenance or else its going to degenerate very quickly. NYC and Far Far Away probably had my favourite theming...FFA in particular because it embodies all those parodies you can spot in the film.
In NYC there is a back alley you can walk down which has nice sound effects, like clangs of pots and pans from a kitchen, sounds of drills and saws in a carpenters, footsteps and doorknocks etc.
For the Europeans on here thinking of a coaster trip down under, I reckon a viable one would be to go via Singapore one way, and via Dubai/Abu Dhabi on the way home.

The food at the park is a bit of a treat. The fact they have to cater to Western, Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern and Malay tastes means that all bases are covered and there's a huge choice.

I never experienced any horrible waits since it was quiet (Mummy was running one station the whole time for instance!), but there is SRQ on BSG, Mummy, Transformers, Canopy Flyers, & JP River. You might say get your Enchanted Airways cred nice and early because I did see a 30 min queue when walking past at one point.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Day 3
Wanted to go somewhere other than Sentosa island, so after a big sleep in I headed downtown and towards Marina Bay.

So I emerged from City Hall into the middle of this:
418881_10150554445116105_607966104_9180675_855645503_n.jpg

A bit more walking between hotels and whatnot led me to the Merlion, which is sort of Singapores symbol (Theres another one on Sentosa, which you will see in the next day)
This one looks like it is having a giant vom basically, and heaps of people crowd onto the walkway to get a pic in front of it,
photo.php

so I did too.
422182_10150523842491105_607966104_9092784_572777965_n.jpg

From there I spotted Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, so that was a "famous piece of architecture cred" for me.
photo.php

In the distance I could see the Singapore Flyer, one of the many London Eye wannabes, but this one is the biggest in the world at present.
421196_10150523834571105_607966104_9092764_1341106512_n.jpg

But I got sidetracked by the Marina Bay development, so went that way instead.

You access it by the Helix Bridge, done by the Brisbane office of Cox Rayner Architects. Have been lectured by the guy who designed it, and he was all cut up that they put a floating football field at and grandstand at one end, which not only looks fug, it disrupts the nice curved pedestrial flow off the bridge:

photo.php

photo.php

Said football field. Looks like it was designed in the **** 70s or something. Yuck.
402324_10150523838566105_607966104_9092773_249514457_n.jpg

Essentially the bit of Marina Bay on the city side is like a giant sunken shopping center, below the water line, and I sort of just breezed through because Singapore has a massive number of large shopping centers owing to the population density, and I CBFed with them to be honest.

But it did have a cool looking science museum (Thats the lotus flower esque building)
photo.php

That much smaller glass building you can see out on the water is actually the entrance to a Louis Vitton store, which has ecalators down to the actual shop space in the sunken shopping center, and the store is so big it has a travelator inside it to make the link.

Anyway, a series of underground walkways gets you inside the Marina Bay Sands hotel/casino, which looks like a certain Walt Disney World resort on the inside, but no monorail sadly.

409090_10150523833946105_607966104_9092762_1987725382_n.jpg

So the giant canoe on the roof is the 'Sky Garden' which costs $20 SGD to visit, no thanks. Unfortunatley this seems to be the only side on shot I took.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7709_n.jpg

..Look at the earlier, better looking one instead :p

Instead i stayed on the ground and laughed at it's wangishness.
404912_10150523827711105_607966104_9092716_1801771628_n.jpg

A bit of walking got me back to the Singapore Flyer. Did a lap around to get photos of it:
423091_10150554458241105_607966104_9180751_1705056347_n.jpg

429311_10150554457986105_607966104_9180750_1674884782_n.jpg

402977_10150554486221105_607966104_9180804_67990714_n.jpg

416946_10150554485941105_607966104_9180803_151181292_n.jpg

417616_10150554486501105_607966104_9180805_809683781_n.jpg

429311_10150554457986105_607966104_9180750_1674884782_n.jpg

As you enter there is a bit of a walkthrough with Singaporean History, how the wheel was built, how it works etc...Filler really.

417488_10150554457281105_607966104_9180747_1679424756_n.jpg

On the wheel a Chinese family took my photo for me.
421670_10150554453691105_607966104_9180722_422002395_n.jpg

But the views from the top are great!

photo.php

417188_10150554453891105_607966104_9180724_2041322829_n.jpg

399836_10150554453346105_607966104_9180717_1223904711_n.jpg

431053_10150554456106105_607966104_9180738_506782710_n.jpg

418362_10150554455136105_607966104_9180732_975640746_n.jpg

421293_10150554456376105_607966104_9180740_1741846562_n.jpg

407210_10150554508196105_607966104_9180886_764520233_n.jpg

427120_10150554508526105_607966104_9180889_1787496123_n.jpg

Quite a large number of ships Between India and the rest of SE Asia and Australia pass through the narrow stretch of water between Singapore and Sumatra

395897_10150554507866105_607966104_9180885_2077911542_n.jpg

Future 2nd botanic gardens:

426601_10150554508921105_607966104_9180892_2096011501_n.jpg

After my ride on the wheel I got some lunch and Headed around the Circle line to just check out some of the urban development.

The extension to Marina Bay of the MRT Circle Line has only just opened, and is very impressive!

395918_10150554520246105_607966104_9180909_1279298663_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Milton Keynes is so much better ;)

Excellent stuff again Gazza. I wonder how many footballs are floating in the water by the field? It does look really naff planted there too. Rest of the city looks really interesting. Love the hardcore "you will not make life unpleasant for anyone" legal system they have :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
^Indeed. On a bus shelter I saw an ad about drink driving offences, and its something like $10000 SGD fine for the first offence and up to 1 year jail, then $20000 SGD and 2 years for the 2nd, and then $30000 and 3 years for the 3rd, plus 6 lashings. And the bit about 6 lashings is just listed on the poster like its the most normal thing in the world.
On your visitor arrivals form there is a specific note: "DEATH FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS UNDER SINGAPORE LAW".

I didn't do any jaywalking for the time I was there, needless to say.

Also, Re Your earlier comment on Transformers. The films are kinda just dumb action, which can be mind numbing if its all you have for 2 hours. But in the context of a 4 min themed ride, it's exactly the right basis, and it works brilliantly. Riding along and having everyone screaming the whole time is certainly a testament to that.

Anways, last bit of my post got cut off. But I got off at Senkang and did a lap around the LRT, which works like the DLR in london, except the vehicles are rubber tyred, and the train is only a single carriage, the size of a minibus.

POV!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM6SzbiZwi4[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM6SzbiZwi4

So you can see the city is very high density, and most live in estates like this, but no detached housing.
Except the difference is the estates are safe and down at ground level its all quite lively with restaurants and shops.
Each MRT station has a large multi level shopping center attached to it generally, so its like having a small Westfield roughly every kilometer!

The above LRT is one of several loop lines they have, that connect wider areas of estates to a mainline MRT subway (rather than buses), so there is very little reason to own a car (And even owning a car is expensive... an average $40000 for a 10 year 'certificate of entitlement' to actually be permitted to buy a car, and then any new car has 50% duty on it) Not a worry because its so cheap and easy to get around by other means.

I kept heading around the island, doing a lap of the North East line to get to Jurong...more 'suburbia' :

403684_10150523840496105_607966104_9092778_1983005890_n.jpg

I tried to go for a swim at Jurong East pool, but got spited because it is closed on Mondays (Had to return another day), so with that I headed back towards the middle of the Island, got dinner, had a bit of a nap, then wandered the local area a bit more before heading to bed.
On the way though I saw a bad rip off of Johnny Rockers called Billy Bombers:
427724_10150521115086105_607966104_9081824_897921692_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Loving this update Gazza. It's great!

Battlestar looks so bad, it looks really dull. I still want to go to Singapore though!

Gazza

Giga Poster
^The red track is average, I guess like a mine train, except it doesn't have lifts interrupting all the time, just the fast bits.

But blue is actually really well paced IMO.
The corkscrew for instance is only half the elevation of the top of the ride (and you get launched off that point anyway). Same goes for the loop, it's down in a trench.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Ta :)

Anyway, Day 4
I went back to Sentosa to do the rest of the stuff there. It's a big tourist trap, but at least good.
From Harbourfront I hiked up Mt Faber to the Jewel Box to take the cable car over to Sentosa, No monkeys sadly :( :

427995_10150560862036105_607966104_9198763_520962294_n.jpg

Quite easy for anyone to walk up. Its all wooden stairs, and takes say 20 mins.

And you can get a pass which gets you into 15 or so attractions for $60 or so, including a return trip on the cable car.
WARNING you cant get this pass at the Jewel Box. Get it down at Vivo City at the Monorail station. I didn't, so got stung paying a 1 way fare on the cable car I really didn't need to. I could have avoided it by walking back down the mountain to get the pass, but CNBF.

431358_10150560862196105_607966104_9198764_314698745_n.jpg

So it was a nice trip over. and you go 130m in the air. Also got pics of USS and Resorts World overall.

422002_10150560808161105_607966104_9198368_1977188799_n.jpg

This is looking back towards the Jewel Box station.

425110_10150560834731105_607966104_9198573_366392523_n.jpg

Theres a stop halfway you can get off at, or get on at because the bottom of the tower is connected to Vivo City/Harbourfront MRT, but I hiked up because I wanted the full ride.

407211_10150560783136105_607966104_9198270_1907513572_n.jpg

There was an awesome looking water park, full of proslides, under construction directly underneath.

420147_10150560791316105_607966104_9198337_310681755_n.jpg

When I got over there I was a nerd and walked around the back of USS so I could get pics of BSG from that angle.

401555_10150560802826105_607966104_9198360_484837592_n.jpg

This building with plants on the roof houses Transformers:

h
431438_10150560795621105_607966104_9198353_124467782_n.jpg

But I got my pass sorted, and after a can of orange juice full of orange cells (not pulp, but they often sell a type with the fleshy middle bit mixed in)

I went up the Merlion. But you get to look out the mouth, instead of water.

418355_10150560788976105_607966104_9198328_1918987801_n.jpg

416898_10150560788631105_607966104_9198325_670487934_n.jpg

When you went in they give you a magic coin to put in a machine, and it spits out a ticket, where you can win a free bit of tat, in my case a keyring.

And then I proceeded to have a **** photo taken of myself out the mouth.

409023_10150525858431105_607966104_9099021_2055941620_n.jpg

Next I went across to the Luge. There's 2 tracks, but you only get one ride, so I picked the dragon (more difficult) course. Its a little cart with handlebars you use to steer, pull back to release the brakes, pull right back or push fowards to slow down. Its akin to those Weigand alpine slides you see in Germany and at Oakwood, but easier to injure yourself because you can overtake other people and have to make more of an effort to steer (except at the end where you are guided in)

428278_10150560784126105_607966104_9198281_1010141908_n.jpg

409413_10150560788061105_607966104_9198320_1414986938_n.jpg

To make you slow down, they put in padded barriers across the track:

416917_10150560787231105_607966104_9198313_582171700_n.jpg

Hellava lot of fun, but I didn't want to pay $8 to do the other track, so I just took the chairlift to the top again.

A slow chairlift returns you to the top:
423331_10150560787621105_607966104_9198316_628240124_n.jpg

There's a 4D cinema complex there. I've seen Pirates 4D and didn't want to again, but they did have Desparadoes, which is that thing you might have seen at IAPPA, done by these guys where about 20 of you are in a room riding on final furlong type horses, with a gun, in front of a 3d screen, and you do this whole wild west shootout, both static scenes, and scenes where it a fast paced horse chase. They played the film twice, so we got to try our luck a 2nd time.

396205_10150560786876105_607966104_9198311_1760901408_n.jpg

429803_10150560786641105_607966104_9198310_49515441_n.jpg

The graphics were NOT good.

424278_10150560834436105_607966104_9198571_101064746_n.jpg

A bit annoying to play. The gun is really off, and you have to hold your 2nd hand a bit awkwardly or else you block the sensor. When playing its 20 people shooting at once, and you dont have cross hairs, rather the number of your seat shows up in Times New Roman on the screen in feint white text wherever you shoot. Very hard to see what you are doing. Cameras in the cinema take photos of top ranking players and show it at the end.

Next I did the Tiger observation tower...A Huss. Cleverly, the platform looks like a beer cap.

432024_10150560788256105_607966104_9198321_298448287_n.jpg

421478_10150560783681105_607966104_9198276_1711686264_n.jpg

And got more pics of USS and the surrounding island.

404473_10150560810531105_607966104_9198376_992956740_n.jpg

After that I took the monorail down to Siloso Beach, and did the Segway Ride included on the ticket. They wanted a passport number on the form, but let you do a thumbprint instead thankfully.
First time on one of these, and initially I kind of just wobbled back and forth on the spot, stopping and starting rapidly. Got the hang of it pretty quick, but it still feels easy to crash.
You do a lap around a tropical offroad course with a few bumps. Only get the one lap. Total time, about 2 mins! I passed up the $15 fee of the "Pho-take-your-pic-and-charge-you-heaps-to-retrieve-it-later-grapher".

425710_10150525860676105_607966104_9099026_1333714564_n.jpg

School groups were there, meaning most food places down there had absurd lines.
Beach looked ok though, a bit small, and no waves really owing to the location.
409547_10150560785741105_607966104_9198301_421702585_n.jpg

I walked past a skydive simulator, which was dumb because it had a giant viewing window, but a 'no photos' sign:
418848_10150560786166105_607966104_9198305_396390478_n.jpg

And a Wavehouse, which had a couple of flowriders.

407213_10150560785541105_607966104_9198299_1088378614_n.jpg

I then got back on the Monorail to Resorts World...
430759_10150560786401105_607966104_9198307_901460170_n.jpg

And went into the Xperiential Maratime Museum. The Aqarium bit wasn't ready yet, but again, it was included on the pass.

419075_10150560783436105_607966104_9198273_1627457405_n.jpg

It had a pretty cool ship display, with a section cut through the cargo hold.

402008_10150560784676105_607966104_9198289_1338476731_n.jpg

426495_10150560785191105_607966104_9198295_940012737_n.jpg

424954_10150560784926105_607966104_9198291_377298245_n.j
pg

The main feature is the Typhoon theatre. Its a cylindrical room, with a 360 degree projection. You sit on benches and follow the story of some Chinese people on a mission to deliver a gold chalice to some emperor in a far away land. But a typhoon hits, and the ship gets ripped apart and people swept overboard. Whist this is happening they proceed to pump mist into the room at a steady rate, leaving you with a moist back by the end.
The gimmick of it all (if 360 degree projection wasn't enough) is that the seats are on a platform that drops during the show to a lower level (where you exit on the bottom floor of the museum) The floor drops as the ship sinks, and as you hit the bottom there is a built scene that gets lit up that shows the gold challice has sunk and settled on some rocks at the seabed.

Cool.

I took the cable car back, and got off at the mid station.
In the shopping centre below I found this clothes shop.
431591_10150525854321105_607966104_9099014_156694220_n.jpg

After that I got some lunch (somewhere?) and went back to the hotel for an afternoon sisesta.

In the cool of the evening I went across to the Jurong East Swimming Pool. Basically SG has awesome public pools, part of larger public sports complexes with a football field/running track, basketball courts, halls, and oddly, some sort of fast food restaurant (often a McD or KFC....Sport and fast food, a great combo :lol: )

Anyway, it was just $2 to get in, and had a wave pool, lazy river, 3 water slides, spa's, 50m pool etc. Spent about 90 mins on the slide, in the wave pool, and relaxing on the lazy river.

424446_10150526374606105_607966104_9100735_2126239143_n.jpg

425052_10150526372196105_607966104_9100725_916515338_n.jpg

After my swim it was back on the train, some dinner, and then hanging out back at the accom on the internet etc.

And that's day 4 done.