What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
Received confirmation from my source. The openings on the right are NOT for the maintenance bay. It will be below the station like I stated above. Those holes are purely cosmetic and will make sense when the theming is completed.
no offense to you but i doubt you have a credible source since i"m not seeing anywhere for the maintenance bay to go underneath. as you can see in the picture i put up from one of your updates the place where the track is going has a floor under it meaning that this is most likely not a possibility. Maybe you are right and those holes will just be a balcony or something. But only time will tell.
DSC_0342-M.jpg

Last edited:

Swoosh

Mega Poster
no offense to you but i doubt you have a credible source since i"m not seeing anywhere for the maintenance bay to go underneath. as you can see in the picture i put up from one of your updates the place where the track is going has a floor under it meaning that this is most likely not a possibility. Maybe you are right and those holes will just be a balcony or something. But only time will tell.
DSC_0342-M.jpg

Perhaps it would be wiser to use a more recent photo? How about these I just posted that have a steel beam across those openings?

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/04/time-traveler-construction-sdc_23.html
XLVS5531.jpeg

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of who(m) Carr Excavating is, but they are the local firm that does most of the work for SDC (and a lot of Branson project for that matter). Long story short, they provided some photos from ONSITE of the construction and we have shared them on our website.

The photos really do provide some needed clarity and also shows just how big these footers really are.
Take a look here. I went ahead and attached the label Carr Excavating to all of those posts to the blog for easier viewing.

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/search/label/Carr Excavating

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Can the photos not be posted here instead of us having to go onto your website to see them?

I'm sure they could be posted here, but it is much more convenient (for me) to just post the link to where I have the photos posted already instead of having to duplicate the process again over here. Thank you for your understanding.

Track and supports are currently scheduled to arrive in June.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
IMG_5884.PNG

Those two openings on the side do look like there's track destined for them. I'm still betting on that being the storage track.

Really can't see the transfer ending up below the station somehow. Unless you've got any more evidence, @Swoosh?

Last edited:

Edward M

Strata Poster
IMG_1042.JPG IMG_1043.JPG IMG_1045.JPG

Took some photos of the construction. Nothing new really, but I got some amazing views of the ride from Thunderation. I couldn't take those pictures though since my phone was in the station. They've put up posters to go to a website with the url www.silverdollarcity.com/wildmountain. However, it just takes you to an adding list to be the "first to hear" when it is announced. With the "burnin" and "wild mountain" now on the table, I'm now even more curious for what this will be. It truly a massive building, absolutely MASSIVE. With the size from the station to the ground, it will very likely have a drop out of the station. The land already has footers, and it occupies a pretty big area. A Mack Spinner seems likely simply from the way the footers were spread out. They were certainly for a steel coaster, and they seemed to be sticking to the flat ground and away from the hills for the moment. A Mack looper or Intamin Blitz could also fit very well with how the footers are. It isn't likely, but it is a possibility with the sheer size of the whole project. I'm looking forward to a very cool and interesting ride from SDC.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 27