What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Excited for this, I have high hopes given SDC's recent investments and current line up. They seemingly have most areas covered, multi inversion, woodie, launcher, so I'm gonna have a stab at either a DM or a flyer...

Lofty

CF Legend
See, if they do get one of the Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster, it'd be such a shame as the park really could do so much more to utilise the terrain with a new coaster instead of just whacking up a semi-shuttle spinner.

I'd absolutely love to see a coaster similar to Helix with terrain interaction than the new form of spinning coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
See, if they do get one of the Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster, it'd be such a shame as the park really could do so much more to utilise the terrain with a new coaster instead of just whacking up a semi-shuttle spinner.

I'd absolutely love to see a coaster similar to Helix with terrain interaction than the new form of spinning coaster.

If it is an xtreme spinner, I doubt it will use the layout Mack made, as there is an option for a custom layout...

Lofty

CF Legend
If it is an xtreme spinner, I doubt it will use the layout Mack made, as there is an option for a custom layout...
I don't doubt it, at all in fact. I just think that they could completely sell out a fantastic coaster experience and replace it with one that's just going to gain them publicity for a unique product.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I don't doubt it, at all in fact. I just think that they could completely sell out a fantastic coaster experience and replace it with one that's just going to gain them publicity for a unique product.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here but it's a custom layout and not the model shown at IAAPA

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here but it's a custom layout and not the model shown at IAAPA
My point was that just because a larger park that has the space and capital to build a larger custom layout doesn't mean that they would do such a thing. This might be an exception but my argument is still sustained and was in direct reference to the post in which I quoted.

Temleh

Mega Poster
It may end up being a custom layout and fair enough if it is.. but why would it be an issue if they went with a standard layout over a custom one for a prototype ride? Christ, the layout isn't even standard because none exist yet.

I too would love to see something like Helix but I'm holding off my optimism for now.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
My point was that just because a larger park that has the space and capital to build a larger custom layout doesn't mean that they would do such a thing. This might be an exception but my argument is still sustained and was in direct reference to the post in which I quoted.

Again not sure your point. This is a custom layout.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Where are you getting this information from? As far as I know the park and the manufacturer have not announced anything yet. If it is the Mack Rides launched spinner, how can you say it's not going to be the layout shown at IAAPA? If I remember correctly, they told us at IAAPA that a park had purchased one of the models they were showing. So if it was SDC they were talking about, it definitely won't have a custom layout.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Where are you getting this information from? As far as I know the park and the manufacturer have not announced anything yet. If it is the Mack Rides launched spinner, how can you say it's not going to be the layout shown at IAAPA? If I remember correctly, they told us at IAAPA that a park had purchased the one of the models they were showing. So if it was SDC they were talking about, it definitely won't have a custom layout.

That was sold to a European park. I'm getting my information from the direct source.

Last edited by a moderator:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That doesn't make sense. You're saying that they sold one to a European Park and that they're building a custom one at SDC, yet Mack Rides told us that they only sold one so far. Sorry, but I'm going with what Mack said and not your source. Either the park is getting one of the Mack Rides launched spinners shown at IAAPA or the park is getting something else. Simple as...

Swoosh

Mega Poster
That doesn't make sense. You're saying that they sold one to a European Park and that they're building a custom one at SDC, yet Mack Rides told us that they only sold one so far. Sorry, but I'm going with what Mack said and not your source. Either the park is getting one of the Mack Rides launched spinners shown at IAAPA or the park is getting something else. Simple as...

I never said anything about it being a launched spinner. Just that it was a custom layout by Mack. Yes it's that simple.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So it's not a new Mack Rides launched spinner nor something else from another manufacturer?

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Like I said, according to the shipping labels it's a Mack. No I'm not allowed to post photos of those labels because it's on the backlot and not viewable by the public. Yes I know that sounds ultra convenient on my part but it is what it is.

If you go by the rumors and the surveys than yes this will be a spinner, but that remains to be seen

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Shipping labels don't tell anything about the layout and if you don't even know if it's a spinner or not, how can you know with such certainty that the coaster will have a custom layout that wasn't shown at IAAPA?
I'm sorry, but I'm just having a hard time simply taking your word for it, because if it does end up being the new Mack Rides spinner it would go against what they said in the interviews we filmed.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
Like I said, according to the shipping labels it's a Mack. No I'm not allowed to post photos of those labels because it's on the backlot and not viewable by the public. Yes I know that sounds ultra convenient on my part but it is what it is.

If you go by the rumors and the surveys than yes this will be a spinner, but that remains to be seen
And then you get proven wrong when somebody decides to take a peek and sees it's a B&M Wing.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Because there is no way they'd put a layout designed for a flat parcel of land on the side of a very large ravine. Because they've cleared off a lot more land than that design you've seen would take.

That and the fact the layout has been known to maintenance for awhile. It's a rough dogleg shape that will hug Echo Hollow.

Not sure why you are so dead set on this being the clone layout. SDC's track record should be enough proof that this a custom layout.