What's new

Shandong, China | Qihe Happy World | Theme Park

kadabrium

Roller Poster
There has been rumours for some time that a mack coaster be built for a new park in Shandong, China.
After however Penglai Happy Kingdom, which the rumour originally pointed to, only got a knockoff slc,
this project seems to be considered dead.

Until recently this suddenly popped up in Qihe, Dezhou, some 300 miles away from Penglai.

http://www.qihe.gov.cn/n1567208/n251727 ... ntent.html

The new park is supposed to be dubbed "Qihe happy world".
Some retro searching tells me that construction had already begun in early April, but oddly no one mentioned it.

EDIT - Topic title changed and topic unlocked/moved - Gavin

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Penglai, China | Happy Kingdom | Theme Park

Massive Blue Fire Clone is up

newfire1.jpg

newfire2.jpg

Source: http://www.vhcoasters.com

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

apart from Helix, why is every mack launch/mega coaster blue? :?

#Winning

andrus

Giga Poster
Is it just me who thinks that the layout of Blue Fire is pretty dull? I think the ride concept has great potential with ultra comfortable trains and smoth as B&M track. With a more interesting layout (like Helix) I think these coasters can make a huge success, but to me the only great part of Blue Fire is the heartline roll.

My point is; I don't get why so many parks has ordered clones of Blue Fire? Yes, it's a good concept. But Blue Fire is far from the most exciting coaster layout out there...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I can't help but think how much nicer this coaster would look if it wasn't it China.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

andrus said:
Is it just me who thinks that the layout of Blue Fire is pretty dull? I think the ride concept has great potential with ultra comfortable trains and smoth as B&M track. With a more interesting layout (like Helix) I think these coasters can make a huge success, but to me the only great part of Blue Fire is the heartline roll.

My point is; I don't get why so many parks has ordered clones of Blue Fire? Yes, it's a good concept. But Blue Fire is far from the most exciting coaster layout out there...

First up, I agree to an extent. I don't quite understand why people think Blue Fire is one of the greatest rides ever.

However, in context, it is.

It's actually a family coaster, and when you think of it as a modern version of the Arrow Loopers or Vekoma Corkscrews - it's a blindingly good coaster.

I found it incredibly good fun. It wasn't knock you on your arse thrilling, but just really great fun. Coupled with the fact that a clone will be ultra reliable and that's why they're being ordered :)

It's a family coaster that also works as a thrill coaster and is ultra reliable for the price of a love it/hate it always down Intamin adult thrill ride.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

owenrita121 said:
I can't help but think how much nicer this coaster would look if it wasn't it China.

Yeah why can't it be in Iraq? We'd blow up that stupid Chinese knock off within seconds of construction...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Blue Fire clone built in new chinese park

There's been some confusion as to where the Blue Fire clone is/was going.

It's not going to the park in Penglai, which has been named Euro Park, but to a park called Qihe Happy World in Shandong, which admittedly has some similar rides going in. The Qihe park is due to open on May 1st with a line-up of 6 coasters:

- Mack Blue Fire clone
- Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides Motor Coaster (looks like a knockoff Vekoma rather than the more common knockoff Zamperla)
- Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides Spinning Coaster (knock-off Reverchon rather than Golden Horse's more common knockoff Maurer model)
- Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides SLC
- Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides Crazy Skateboard (spinner with inward facing seats)
- Something else which is presently unknown.

http://rcdb.com/6657.htm

It should be noted that Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides is a relatively new company, at least with regards to coasters, producing a small number of Reverchonesque spinners from 2009, but with the majority of their rides only opening in the 2013/2014 seasons.

Interestingly, they've also recently introduced a knock-off Screaming Swing ride, which I think[ is a first.

http://www.jiuhuarides.com.cn/english.asp

*Edit - I moved the relevant posts above from the Euro Park Penglai, China topic. ECG

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The Blue Fire is taking riders. Im not sure if the park is open yet though. Funny that it even has Blue Fire written on the trains.
Mackq1.jpg

Mackq2.jpg

Mackq3.jpg

Mackq4.jpg

Some photos of construction from earlier this year.As you may notice the park has a very similar ride line up to the Euro Park it was confused with. I imagine they are owned by the same people. The SLC and Motocoaster are even the same distinctive colours.

mackq5.jpg

Mackq6.jpg

Mackq7.jpg

Mackq8.jpg

Mackq9.jpg

Mackq10.jpg

Mackq11.jpg

Mackq12.jpg

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/2014/04/15/qihe-h ... ire-clone/