What's new

Shadow problem

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Ok, i'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on 3d modeling OR No Limits as i only just started playing with both, so bare with me :--D

Basically, when i throw my 3d model into No Limits, it creates a really dark shadow in the shaded areas, while the No Limits track doesn't get very dark at all. How could i change this?

Picture:

Also, while constantly modifying and importing to No Limits, is there a way to update the model so that i don't have to keep creating a new scene object and positioning it? Can i just 'refresh' the current scenery object and have it update to the latest model?

Cheeeeeers.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Right you need to set your UVM maps.
See, you can apply a texture but that isn't enough. Have a look to see if there is a way to actually change the colour of the object and set the RGB's to white. Then you'll have everything looking natural. :)

If you are using 3D Studio Max, I can talk you right through the process.

The second question I'm not quite sure what you mean? I'll have a go at what I think you mean.

Just save over the 3ds file with the same name. To see an update you'll have to exit NL's editor and re open it.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yep, NL doesn't have a "refresh" thing with 3Ds. You must close out and open the editor again to see the changes, or ride in the sim.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
That's kind of annoying, but i guess i'll have to live with it.

I'll post a topic with my ride soon.