What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but when reading through today's Screamscape news update, I spotted an article about some new teasers that SFMM has put up regarding 2019:
Screamscape said:
2019 - New Coaster / Cyclone Bay Update - Rumor - (8/11/18) A reader dropped by Six Flags Magic Mountain and noticed a bunch of small teaser signs now placed on the construction walls for the park's 2019 expansion project with some possible hints worth exploring.
"Racing Towards Bigger Thrills In 2019" - The Race theme we've been talking about.
"Victory Is In Our Future New in 2019" - Another Race theme.
"One-Two-Three-Four... Ready, Set, Go Into 2019" - Hey... that doesn't even rhyme...
"Launching Into a Thrilling 2019" - Launching? Now I'm very interested...
"Two Is Better Than One in 2019" - Perhaps the most interesting clue to ponder.
Does this mean the park's racing themed coaster may have TWO tracks? Or are they hinting that the new area will feature TWO new attractions instead of just one?
A duelling coaster would be an interesting fit for SFMM, in my opinion, and if they did this, then they could even claim 21 coasters... or even 22 if the two tracks of Krypton are separate creds.

Screamscape also mentions that Apocalypse has had sections of its structure removed as part of the Cyclone Bay refurbishment, and that the area may well be renamed Adrenaline Alley:
Screamscape said:
(7/16/18) According to several guests who visited Six Flags Magic Mountain in the past few days, most of the old buildings in the Cyclone Bay area have quickly been leveled and Apocalypse is now closed for refurbishment. From the look of things a section of Apocalypse's structure has already been removed as well for some reason. No word on if this will just be to rebuild a trouble-spot or if more drastic changes may be coming. Given that the area will undergo some new themeing in 2019, I also have to wonder if Apocalypse may be given yet another name next year, or at the very least, maybe some new themeing to fit in with the rest of Adrenaline Alley.
Interesting... I'll be keeping a close eye on this project.
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

JSM

Mega Poster
This is likely fake but last year I remember hearing a rumor from someone saying dueling maurer launch coasters were in the parks near future. It does fit all the clues...

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Do you have a source, or is that information coming from your ass?

Seriously. A note to all. Source your :emoji_poop:.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Guess you missed my sarcasm ..
Source...lmao. nobody in this thread has a source. That hasn't stopped all the other "rumors". I'm posting what I've heard. Take it for what you will, or not at all. Tomorrow I'll post the next rumor.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Source...lmao. nobody in this thread has a source. That hasn't stopped all the other "rumors". I'm posting what I've heard. Take it for what you will, or not at all. Tomorrow I'll post the next rumor.
A source would be the video of a French news report at the Mack facility saying they are fabricating a coaster for Canada...you know...as posted in this thread. That makes it viable and something to consider. A SOURCE.

I can say it's going to be a Golden Horse dive machine and it has as much backing as you just saying it's going to be an S&S launch.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
A source would be the video of a French news report at the Mack facility saying they are fabricating a coaster for Canada...you know...as posted in this thread. That makes it viable and something to consider. A SOURCE.

I can say it's going to be a Golden Horse dive machine and it has as much backing as you just saying it's going to be an S&S launch.

LOL...that video wasn't a source. That guy was talking about the launch coaster going to Carrowinds, and everyone heard what they wanted to hear imo.

I posted a rumor with sarcasm. No, I don't think it's an S&S okay...lol

My personal guess is a T-Rex, and that will remain my guess until the announcement.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
LOL...that video wasn't a source. That guy was talking about the launch coaster going to Carrowinds, and everyone heard what they wanted to hear imo.

I posted a rumor with sarcasm. No, I don't think it's an S&S okay...lol

My personal guess is a T-Rex, and that will remain my guess until the announcement.
I thought that that video specifically mentioned California?