What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Someone posted this on Reddit - not sure of the original source, but if true is rather amusing.

Apparently the trains are here...

nkuw7ua4v3r21.jpg

LINK!

Hutch

Strata Poster
In all seriousness, perhaps they thought track would be done by now? Trains don't typically arrive until track is around complete anyway, otherwise they'd just be sitting there. I know Six Flags is lazy as ****, but you've got think that they planned to have stuff done by now. Perhaps this residential conflict is worse than we thought (although I don't know of any recent news/details on that).

I just don't see the reasoning of getting the trains on site if they knew there'd be no track installed. I assume this delivery was scheduled several months ago, back when they assumed track was almost ready for testing? Or maybe they just wanted to have them anyway?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Looks slow.

Material planning and logistics gets a bit complicated as projects grow in size. Surely, every shipment for this ride (all of them, to be honest) has been planned out to a tee and shipping contracts were likely booked months in advance. The train may just sit there for a few months while the ride is constructed, but that's about it - it's much less of a headache than modifying a shipment.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Didnt that POS start with 3?

This park is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wait.....it had 3 trains?! I thought it only had 2 lol.

Dear lord the park is worse then I thought/realized.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Has the park always been like this though? How far back does the incompetence go?
I mean, how far back do we wanna go.

Easiest one to point to is Tatsu having a ****ing dual load station and about 3 months after opening train 3 being used for spare parts, completely negating the point of a dual load.

Going further back (not ENTIRETY on them, but still) you have Psyclone damaged by the earthquake, and their resort to fixing it was to use the cables to anchor it to avoid redoing the section that was damaged. Probably said that completely wrong, but go find a POV and it will make sense.

They were ready to scrap X before they did the X2 refurb.

Twisted Colossus was to have 4 trains running to ensure the gimmick (never was delivered)

Full Throttle being what it is.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Well, at least hopefully the layout will be more exciting. Three right corkscrews was kind of repetitive in my opinion. But yeah, what a joke. I feel like this whole project is just kind of a waste, I was hoping for a Mack Hyper or something.

Also, they do use the dual loading station and three trains of Tatsu quite frequently, from my experience.

In addition, X2 is the most expensive ride to maintain in the world, at a cost of approximately $250,000 a week, and that was several years ago (I learned that on a behind the scenes tour during some ERT event). It was pretty rough before the conversion, so it made sense from a financial standpoint to scrap it at the time.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Full Throttle never had three trains. The ride only has one maintenance bay. You can't run three trains on a ride with one maintenance bay, it would need space for a minimum of two trains. Also, the ride is barely big enough to accommodate three trains, and Premier's website states the ride only has two trains. I doubt they changed that figure from three on their website. Finally, Full Throttle's trains are numbered, clearly on the front but also on the back. I couldn't find a single picture of a Full Throttle train with a number 3 on the front.

Also, I doubt Twisted Colossus ever had four trains. Currently, only two trains can stack behind the station due to block sectioning. The first part of the final brake run would have to be converted into a block section to allow three trains to stack behind the fourth one in the station, but that brake run is barely long enough to be converted into a block section, and requires the turn in the middle to slow the train down fully. The ride could run four trains though if they made those changes.

Last edited:

X: Uknown

Mega Poster
I mean, how far back do we wanna go.

Easiest one to point to is Tatsu having a :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing dual load station and about 3 months after opening train 3 being used for spare parts, completely negating the point of a dual load.

Going further back (not ENTIRETY on them, but still) you have Psyclone damaged by the earthquake, and their resort to fixing it was to use the cables to anchor it to avoid redoing the section that was damaged. Probably said that completely wrong, but go find a POV and it will make sense.

They were ready to scrap X before they did the X2 refurb.

Twisted Colossus was to have 4 trains running to ensure the gimmick (never was delivered)

Full Throttle being what it is.

But why is this park so troubled in general? Was it like this from the day it opened? Or is it just a common Six Flags mess?

Last edited by a moderator:

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I don't know if it was intended or not, but fact is FT couldn't run 3 trains if it wanted too. Track is just too darn short. When running two trains, the other is already back before the train in the station has even finished getting people in it.

And I can confirm TC was never meant to run 4 trains. It has 4 trains, but that's so that one can always be in maintenance while the other three run. Since it's a mobius track, 4 trains would not help it race.

Say what you will about SFMM operations, but most of the time, the TC crew is the best and fastest in the park, and with 3 trains, it still stacks. But 90% of the time, it's due to slow guests, not the crew.