What's new

SFMM PTR 11/1/09

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Went to Magic Mountain yesterday, expected it to be completely empty, and it was. Creepy empty. I didn't really have any lines to deal with, and the park was even open until 10, so I got there at opening, stayed till closing, and got...26 rides. Could have gotten more, A LOT more, but throwing up in trash cans just isn't that much fun anymore...

If you're wondering how empty the park was, X2 and Tatsu had empty station's around 8 (along with everything else), and Superman had a completely empty queue and station at night (that's where the creepy part came in). Got to stay on Terminator at night twice in a row, and I could have ridden it about 38 more times...but yeah, I was pretty ride-ed out by then. It was pretty great being able to ride whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted, so this is definitely the day to go (except next year they'll probably be closed on this day since it'll be Monday).

Ride Count:

X2 x4
Terminator Salvation The Ride x6
Riddler’s Revenge x1
Batman The Ride x1
Jet Stream x1
Ninja x2
Superman The Escape x3
Orient Express x1
Viper x1
Log Jammer x1
Yosemite Sam Sierra Falls x1
Goliath x2
Gold Rusher x1
Tatsu x1

Sounds like the perfect day, and it pretty much was, but I was really disappointed with Terminator's crew. There was completely NO LINE all day, yet they were making everyone watch all three pre-shows ALL DAY. Near-empty trains kept going out, and when you'd get to the station you'd find it pretty much empty, but every single time you had to go through all the pre shows. That got very annoying.

I didn't get many pictures because I mainly focused on video this time, so I should have avideo uploaded to Youtube and posted in this thread soon.

For now...enjoy the pictures!

PB010005.jpg

Here is Terminator's train coming into the station for my first ride on it yesterday.
PB010003.jpg

This is new. There are now two doors in Terminator's pre-show queue blocking people from going to the next one. I guess they had a problem with this...possibly because the pre-show is boring?
PB010023.jpg

Stuck? Actually it wasn't this time.
PB010027.jpg

Riddler's was running good. Felt rougher than usual, but the hang-time was insane.
PB010031.jpg

PB010032.jpg

PB010044.jpg

Rode Batman in the rear... :p
PB010047.jpg

I thought my legs were getting ripped off.
PB010051.jpg

Didn't ride Scream...really not a fan of this ride.
PB010056.jpg

PB010052.jpg

It is a decent looking coaster...from inside the park.
PB010071.jpg

I tried to get Superman and Tatsu in the same picture, but right as the train was coming a big crowd of GP came by and messed the shot up. GP...
PB010089.jpg

X2's empty switchbacks. First saw this sight going down Viper's first drop...it was lovely.
PB010104-1.jpg

This shot came out nice...
PB010111-1.jpg

...this shot didn't.

Video link to be posted soon.

A

Anonymous

SFMM

SFMM is amazing.

my uncle lives in LA and we go to visit every summer. i always look forward the most to riding X2, since last year was my first ride.

LOVE Terminators speed focus!

didn't ride deja vu, like a 2 hour wait for such a rough ride.

got to ride scream, you should try it out sometime, AMAZING.

rode tatsu, simply astounding.

did not have time to ride superman.

rode the riddler twice, my first standup.

revolution was kinda boring, but it was an honor to ride the first looping coaster (i think).

collosus, was... an okay woodie.

Overall, an awesome california park.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
FYI:
SFI is contractually obligated as part of the licensing agreement to show the preshows for Terminator and Dark Knight to every guest prior to riding.
I think they might be allowed to skip it or only show them once during an ERT, but I'm not 100% on that bit.
This is why on the Dark Knight coasters the handicap entrance goes through the preshow room. I didn't see if they send wheelchairs through the preshows at MM before putting them on the elevator, so I'm not sure if they do that there.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ Same at Termination Day.

The pre-show is a nice break from the boring queue, but when there is no line and there are actually empty trains being sent out, it ruins the fun. Besides, the pre-show is...boring! It doesn't grab your attention and keep it nice and quick, like Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion. Instead it's just listening to people talk (and the people in the queue talk) for several minutes.