Pear

Strata Poster
Pieces are finally showing up

image0.png

image1.png

image2.png

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I think this is great! They used to have a Tony Hawk Gerstlauer spinner that was pretty good! They removed and re-used a lot of the que and station area for Superman. Thre is a height limit of 150 feet, but it depends on where you go! Closer to the lake it's even less, I think 80 feet is the worst of them from my memory for some reason.

That's why all the tall rides are in one area, so I'm guessing this will be in a better spot close to the lake, by all the family rides.

nCalCoasterRider

Roller Poster
They have leveled the site and placed base rock. Looks like foundations will be placed in next few weeks. need to see if the kid took pictures to share, will add more info if he has it. I'd still think this is summer at the earliest but they are actively working on it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Maybe there will be no foundations. After all these mice coasters are meant to be transportable, and SFDK might have chosen not to buy a park model, to reduce construction costs. After all, groundwork and foundations are some of the most expensive stages during a construction.

nCalCoasterRider

Roller Poster
Maybe there will be no foundations. After all these mice coasters are meant to be transportable, and SFDK might have chosen not to buy a park model, to reduce construction costs. After all, groundwork and foundations are some of the most expensive stages during a construction.
That would be unusual in California, most permanently installed rides require Concrete foundations to resist earthquake loading.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
That would be unusual in California, most permanently installed rides require Concrete foundations to resist earthquake loading.
Pandemonium, now at SF Mexico, used to be at SFDK and it sat on a concrete slab with no foundations. Maybe it's a similar scenario. In fact, I think this might be a ride that SF might want to rotate among their parks for as a minor addition in slow years.

nCalCoasterRider

Roller Poster
Pandemonium, now at SF Mexico, used to be at SFDK and it sat on a concrete slab with no foundations. Maybe it's a similar scenario. In fact, I think this might be a ride that SF might want to rotate among their parks for as a minor addition in slow years.
that's before my time coming to the park, but that's the same approach for Superman, A Mat Foundation with steel grade beam spreaders anchored on top.