What's new

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Unknown - WDW Magic Kingdom

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: "The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" - Unknown - WDW

That's buried a bit far down on the page, so to make it easier...
screamscape said:
Disney has confirmed that The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride is real and on the way to New Fantasyland. According to the description the mine train will, “take guests on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.” Interesting bit about the coaster cars and how they moved with the turns. I’m wondering if they really “swing” side to side, or sway or perhaps more of a fishtail. There have been a few concepts thrown out at IAAPA to perform a few moves like this from companies like Mack and Premier Rides.

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Haha! I thought of Orphan Rocker immediately as well. Hopefully Disney can have some better luck with the ride system. Should be a fun ride regardless though. :D

Lofty

CF Legend
It's good that another one of these "Ride Types" have been sold, I know it won't be the same company who made Orphan Rocker, I just mean the trait of it 'swinging'. At least more people will be able to ride this one..

CMonster

Giga Poster
I get the impression that it will be more of a controlled swing than a free swing type of thing... might just be me though.