What's new

Serious Incident at Oakwood Theme Park

JMW

Roller Poster
Does anyone know what Oakwood is planning on the old mini golf site and will the Spooky 3D replacement be opening this season? Any ideas @nemesis_guy?

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
Does anyone know what Oakwood is planning on the old mini golf site and will the Spooky 3D replacement be opening this season? Any ideas @nemesis_guy?
Spooky 3D - they posted a video of the ride on their socials in February 2023 showing all theming removed and said "announcement coming soon".... There has been no news since and by the time the park opened last year Spooky 3D had been removed from the park map. People were asking Oakwood on social media comments throughout last season what was happening with the ride but they ignored everyone. At the end of last season I couldn't see any progress from the outside of the building, it was all stripped down and plain.

Old mini golf site - no updates as far as I'm aware. Again, end of last season when I had a peep in to the site there was nothing to report. Park map just shows "future development area".

Oh and Drenched was showing on the park map as "Returning Summer 2023", however, it never did return. When I asked about it I was told the boat was off site having a new restraint system.

Cheers

Reactions: JMW

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Oakwood needs to be bought out by parent company that actually cares about this place.

Small scale investments shouldn't be taking this long to complete.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Having been to Walygator, at least the parent company seems to invest so little consistently over their parks

Peet

Giga Poster
Oakwood needs to be bought out by parent company that actually cares about this place.

Small scale investments shouldn't be taking this long to complete.
They just spent millions on Megafobia to be fair, a very promising sign after many years of letting the park rot. Hopefully there is more good quality investment to come 🤞.

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
They just spent millions on Megafobia to be fair, a very promising sign after many years of letting the park rot. Hopefully there is more good quality investment to come 🤞.
Megaphobia is really good now tbh.

But the rest of the park needs serious investment. The after dark events with fireworks etc are really good, but apart from Megaphobia there isn't anything worth visiting for 🙄