What's new

SeaWorld San Diego | Emperor | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Nice animation!
Looks pretty good. Not heading out to California for a while I reckon but definitely liked to ride this. I really like Dive Coasters. Seaworld is doing a good job moving away from the whale related stuff to more coasters in their parks. ?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just realised that this is america's first baby-dive coaster <3 It looks as good as Valkyria I really hope it's as snappy and fast paced. I think a lot of people will be surprised how good this will be. I hope they manage a little tunnel for the first drop, I feel dive coasters need that.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Will this go into a tunnel? I feel dives without this feel weird.

I know it doesn't go underground, but maybe they could do something similar to Krake, but with a big ice structure or something, I think that'd be cool.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Does the drop even hit 90 degrees on this? It looks like it's only truly vertical for the fraction of a second before hitting the pullout. Reminds me of oblivions *almost* vertical drop.
Oblivion, Oblivion TBH, Krake and Baron 1898 only have 87° drops, it wouldn't surprise me if this would too.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Does the drop even hit 90 degrees on this? It looks like it's only truly vertical for the fraction of a second before hitting the pullout. Reminds me of oblivions *almost* vertical drop.
This is just how parabolic drops look. And as the post above mine already says, loads of Dive Coasters aren't vertical anyway (older models were due to the upstops I believe?) So this is actually pretty steep.

It'll ride exactly the same as the other dive coasters. Plus, this sort of parabolic drop feels a lot nicer than a straight vertical drop, like the ugly ones in Planet Coaster.

Pear

Strata Poster
20200116_151752.jpg

image0.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/epsmit

Last edited: