What's new

SeaWorld San Diego | Emperor | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
RCDB states this as having a 90° drop, but the slide show image states a vertical drop. But because this is a smaller dive ccoaster, will it not just have an 87° drop? I mean Oblivion was marketed as the first vertical drop coaster, yet it only has an angle of descent of 87°.

EDIT:- After looking at pictures, I'm pretty sure it's just Western Region and Valkyria that have vertical drops out of all the D6's.

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I like that NL2 prediction and it seems to fit the artwork and length of these minidives (it's well made too trackwork-wise well done whoever did that in such a short amount of time). Only thing I'm not sure is it just seems to turn left alot, feels a little unbalanced.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I kinda like the look of it, actually. The mini-dives are cute, so I'm okay with another one. Wish they'd have called it something a bit more interesting though...
I like that NL2 prediction and it seems to fit the artwork and length of these minidives (it's well made too trackwork-wise well done whoever did that in such a short amount of time). Only thing I'm not sure is it just seems to turn left alot, feels a little unbalanced.
Ah, that's what it is! Something did feel a bit off, and it's all the turning left! Good observation. Agree, that's a well made pre-creation too - top work to whoever did it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Look at Cú Chulainn and Big One...

Matt N

CF Legend
And Twisted Timbers, which I believe has only right turns during the whole layout! Not one single left turn anywhere!

Pear

Strata Poster
The park released some stats with a now deleted Instagram post, but here's what we got:

Height - 153 ft

Drop - 143 ft

Speed - "more than" 60 mph

Length - "nearly" 2500 ft

Elements - Vertical drop, Barrel Roll, Immelmann, Hammerhead turn, Flat Spin

Trains - 3 rows, 6 seats wide

Looks like there'll be 3 inversions and not 2.

Source

bob_3_

Giga Poster
And let's not forget Baron 1898...

Yeah but with layout design if you have to prodominately turn in one direction you should match it with elements and inversions that rotate in the opposite direction, or break up the turns with a straight break otherwise it feels unbalanced. It's more a case of "it doesn't feel quite right" rather than adding up the corners. This is just from years of judging NL rides against real rides. TBH This layout isn't so bad, it's just a niggle as I expect perfection from B&M.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
But let's remember this is a layout PREDICTION. It is likely far from the official layout.

We're not idiots, PRETTY sure we're all aware this isn't an official video. I was merely judging his prediction and saying how the "overturning" made it seem slightly off compared to what B&M would do IRL. So I expect the real layout would have a different take in that regard and break up the turns.

But to be fair, renderings usually give a good indication of a layout and Jake has done a good job interpreting what is shown so I doubt it will be too far from the official layout.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
We're not idiots, PRETTY sure we're all aware this isn't an official video. I was merely judging his prediction and saying how the "overturning" made it seem slightly off compared to what B&M would do IRL. So I expect the real layout would have a different take in that regard and break up the turns.

But to be fair, renderings usually give a good indication of a layout and Jake has done a good job interpreting what is shown so I doubt it will be too far from the official layout.
its a decent little layout. Although obviously lacking an inversion now we know the details :)
In fairness to Jake Fenix is pretty much all right hand turns so its not out of the relm for B&M to do it again.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Some plans from Behind The Thrills showing off the layout for Mako
img_2148.jpg

https://behindthethrills.com/2019/0...sign-elements-for-mako-at-seaworld-san-diego/