What's new

SeaWorld San Antonio | Catapult Falls | Launched Flume Ride | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Several points;
  • Will replace the former Texas Splash Down log flume (1991 - 2011), the site of which is abandoned. Heck, it even looks to be reusing the station and parts of its layout.
  • This is definitely an Intamin for multiple reasons. They have been working with Seaworld as of the past few years. The comparison to Biberburg in Austria is spot on and both have elements in common. Heck, the plans even detail footers for the same elevator lift system (lifts from the right side).
  • Possible launch is a head scratcher. Yes, Intamin could very well install a launch on a flume and we could finally see the Ultra or Giga Splash hardware included... however, if this ends up similar to Biberburg or sticks too closely to the original Splash Down's stance, maybe its not so feasible. Definitely a wild card. I'd place a lift hill as a safer bet.
  • Overall, sounds like a solid addition. Provides yet another solid defense to the strong Texan heat, properly revives an abandoned site, pays homage to the past, and gives the States a cool new flume ride. Hopefully it'll do better than the lackluster attempt that was Shoot the Rapids at CP.

Matt N

CF Legend
I know this probably isn’t top priority right now, but; would this count as a credit? It has a launch, at least one airtime hill, multiple drops… to me, it seems like a question you could ask, for sure!

Christian

Hyper Poster
I know this probably isn’t top priority right now, but; would this count as a credit? It has a launch, at least one airtime hill, multiple drops… to me, it seems like a question you could ask, for sure!

If it has some kind off track and it coasts on it I would say yes. That also makes Chiapas a credit if I think about it.

Anyways, I am not the best to ask as I don't care about credits.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It is if you want it to be, and I mean that in the most genuine way.

Some people count Dudley's and Chiapas as creds. I don't because the spirit of the intent of each ride is a log flume, not a coaster, but I get why they do. Some people count powered coasters and mountain coasters. I don't, but I get why they do.

Everybody nerds in their own way and that's ok. As long as you have a rationale that works for you, then go for it. Get that +1. We all count differently and that's fine. It's all truly for fun.

Sorry to get preachy.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think that's just a conveyor lift, with the supports (as you'd expect) being at the highest point at the end of the lift, and the drop passing over the trough below.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This is apparently for the flume going to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2023. I presume that these posts can be moved over to that thread when the ride is soon announced in full.
They can indeed - once it's announced. :)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well up until this point I still hadn't seen anything to convince me that first hill was launched, but now that name certainly is interesting!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That really is incredible, and I am happy to 'eat my hat.'

Suppose it's no surprise that the logo is basically the infinity falls logo?