What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
@GAcoaster over on the insideuniversal forums (one of the original sources for the rumor, you can see them quoted in the article in the OP) posted this recently:

"I talked to the person who initially told me about the new coaster plans and it may truly be a "first of it's kind" B&M coaster coming in, and not just a wing coaster.

Some time ago they trademarked a "Surf Coaster" design (B&M Trademarks New Coaster Type: "Surf Coaster"), and the new rumor is that it may be the new coaster coming to SeaWorld.

This would make a lot of sense with 2021 being so competitive for the Orlando market. While SeaWorld isn't in the same league and challenging Disney and Universal, they are focused on the annual pass/local market and need to do something big to keep them coming. With the Jurassic Coaster, Tron Coaster, and Guardians coaster all offering big new thrills, they feel they need to do something I'm sure. A first of it's kind coaster would certainly make a splash even in the big pond of Orlando.

Perhaps this is a variation on the Wing Coaster design and that caused the confusion? "

If true, this really sounds like a 4D coaster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Also, if SeaWorld Orlando doesn’t get this coaster in 2021, what do you think they will get in 2021?
If not this, then nothing. Should be fairly obvious. Planning and building a new ride is a process that takes a few years, and if that process is brought to a halt only a year before it's due to open, there's not enough time to find a replacement.

Matt N

CF Legend
As far as I'm aware, SeaWorld hasn't announced plans to defer any CAPEX, so I think this should still be good to go dependant on timings. All of their COVID cuts seemed to be in other areas.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Reliable sources that work at the park? The same person who told me about the SeaWorld San Diego dive coaster name change and the San Antonio wood coaster name change....and Wacky Taxi.
SeaWorld parks are pretty notorious for internally leaking things on purpose way, way in advance. Manta Orlando was known at least a year prior...although with a Dolphin theme.

No need for BSing here, just what I had heard and I believe it made it's way to Reddit (something I don't t use) in a similar time frame. (Pretty sure AmiswmentPics had a comment on it too, on Twitter)

Last edited:

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Reliable sources that work at the park? The same person who told me about the SeaWorld San Diego dive coaster name change and the San Antonio wood coaster name change....and Wacky Taxi.
SeaWorld parks are pretty notorious for internally leaking things on purpose way, way in advance. Manta Orlando was known at least a year prior...although with a Dolphin theme.

No need for BSing here, just what I had heard and I believe it made it's way to Reddit (something Indint use) in a similar time frame. (Pretty sure AmiswmentPics had a comment on it too, on Twitter)
Oh ok, hopefully it does come in 2021, hopefully finance doesn’t get in the way.