What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

Liamy321

Roller Poster
Ahem...

latest

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Was talking yesterday about coaster types no one has tried yet, so far all I could come up with was a hybrid invert (wooden supports with a steel track, would be exciting to go through the structure) or some kind of Star tours style vehicle but on a coaster style track. Maybe half way through the ride the sides open up and you can see what's really happening, could lead to some cool themed attractions. But the forces would be immense.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
SeaWorld Orlando has filed plans for a new 2021 project that will take up 3.6 acres of land near the front entrance of the park. The project is codenamed "Penguin" and there are rumors that it could be a wing coaster.

1579192916830.png

1579192926125.png

1579192934382.png

1579192952037.png

Seems that SEAS shows no signs of slowing down on investments in 2021.

Thanks to CoasterKings for the pictures!

SeaWorld Orlando has filed plans for a new 2021 project that will take up 3.6 acres of land near the front entrance of the park. The project is codenamed "Penguin" and there are rumors that it could be a wing coaster.

View attachment 7636

View attachment 7637

View attachment 7638

View attachment 7639

Seems that SEAS shows no signs of slowing down on investments in 2021.

Thanks to CoasterKings for the pictures!
Seaworld are absolutely killing it! If this is a wing coaster, then it will be like Gatekeeper in my opinion, cause they can do a nice updated entrance just like Cedar Point

Matt N

CF Legend
This should be a phenomenal addition to an already phenomenal coaster selection! Manta was already very prominent at SeaWorld Orlando's front entrance as it was, so I'd imagine that this will have even more of a dominating presence! Is it known whether the two rides might interact at all?

As for it being a wing coaster; The Swarm is a fantastic ride, so this should be too, in my opinion! B&M's recent wing coasters have also been looking better than the earlier ones, in my opinion, so I'm optimistic for the ride experience of this one! If it turns out to be a wing coaster, of course!

So overall, a great addition, and it will certainly give SWO a smashing top 4 (or top 5 if you like Manta more than I do!).

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well since nothing has surfaced yet and we are all seem to be going for completely bonkers theories.

Might as well chuck mine in the ring.

I reckon its a misspelling on the patent and its actually a "Serf" Coaster. Once on board you will be made to do agriculture work for either Lord Claude or Lord Walter.
SerfClaude2.jpeg

Reckon I've got it.

Gazza

Giga Poster
If the past few years is anything to go by, surely a Chinese park is more likely to get a new B&M product than a Merlin park.

Sure, history would suggest Merlin, but things are very different to what they were 20 years ago. And even different to what they were 10 years ago.
Dunno.

Merlin got the first Dive Machine, Flyer, Wing Rider and Compact dive machine.

China got the first kiddy invert.

Kozmo

Roller Poster
I've got my fingers crossed for a winged coaster because I've not yet had a chance to ride one and SeaWorld/Busch gardens are close to home for me that I visit regularly and have annual passes for. It's pretty difficult as a parent to travel out of state to other theme parks like cedar point to enjoy "new rides" so I'm loving this whole new ride every year thing SeaWorld parks have going on ?