What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Ice Breaker | Premier Rides Custom Sky Rocket | 2022

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
*facepalm*

Reality is not RCT - SeaWorld did not run out of money to finish the ride. From what I understand, the chain halted projects and withheld payments to contractors as a questionably ethical means of managing their debt while their cash flow was abruptly halted by the pandemic. Ice Breaker appears to be days away from being ready with some minor station related works to finalize, and then the walls come down. Iron Gwazi was days away from being commissioned. Emperor was probably in a similar boat. SeaWorld's decision is now rearing its ugly head with all these lawsuits.

skyvscoasters

Roller Poster
I’m going to reignite this thread now that it’s been a few months and we have a lot more activity on site.

We’ve seen some transfer table testing along with the train moving in and out of the station. Test dummies are strapped into the train but no full circuit testing yet, that’s likely coming very soon though. I have a feeling this’ll open around March or April!!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Is it weird that I enjoyed Universal's salty tweet more than the actual POV?
Yup, three months later and Universal's tweet is still making me more excited than the scarce news on this one.

How can a park build something so great like Manta or Mako and have such dire additions like Empire of the Penguin and Ice Breaker? Huh.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
I’m going to reignite this thread now that it’s been a few months and we have a lot more activity on site.

We’ve seen some transfer table testing along with the train moving in and out of the station. Test dummies are strapped into the train but no full circuit testing yet, that’s likely coming very soon though. I have a feeling this’ll open around March or April!!
They have put test dummies into the train? Have they also moved they transfer track with the car on it?

skyvscoasters

Roller Poster
They have put test dummies into the train? Have they also moved they transfer track with the car on it?
Not that I've seen or heard. Last time I was there I saw test dummies and they moved it out onto the transfer and back into the station a few times. That's it tho

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Since the last video I posted was clearly substandard, now it's launching backwards and forwards faster, heading towards full circuit-level testing:-