What's new

Scorched: A Gravity Group Coaster

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
This will be my first wooden Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 coaster. I have made a few on No Limits, but never RCT3.

1st Update:
Shot0234.jpg

Shot0235.jpg

Shot0236.jpg

Shot0238.jpg

Shot0239.jpg

Shot0240.jpg

cooltext402547172.jpg

SCORCHEDSTATS.jpg

These show my work on the supports (so far only the lift hill).
All the supports are hand laid by me, there is a chain return, and there is a "anti-rollback" system on the chain.
Expect more updates soon!

RCF

Strata Poster
Dude it looks great. I love the "pretzel" turnaround. Very realistic. Looks good and can't wait to see it.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
UPDATE:
I have changed the layout a little bit
Shot0247.jpg

Shot0248.jpg

Shot0249.jpg

Shot0251.jpg

(there is a third massive hill that you cannot see)

There is a nice area that will be part of the line
Shot0244.jpg

Shot0241.jpg

There will also be a part where the coaster dives into the tunnel tward the end of the layout (to cool off of the train because it is SCORCHING HOT) I have to smooth out the edges of the banks alot
Shot0242.jpg

Shot0243.jpg

RCF

Strata Poster
Still looks great. I guess the bigger version of the pretzel turnaround didn't turn out well? :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Should even that mountain out a bit more.. and make sure the rest of the map is just as sexy. :)

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Should even that mountain out a bit more.. and make sure the rest of the map is just as sexy. :)

that's what Im praying I end up doing. Im going to fill the map with mountains, just go to do the supports and some other things first.

MINI UPDATE:
I have smoothed out the part where it dives under the water
Shot0252.jpg

Shot0254.jpg

ps-that area behind where I have started putting trees, there will be a mountain. I just place the trees first so that they dont end up appearing lopsided on the mountain

Snoo

The Legend
Make sure you add something around the rim of that tunnel.. as a heavy rain could cause it to flood. :)

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Make sure you add something around the rim of that tunnel.. as a heavy rain could cause it to flood. :)

I suggest sandbags :)

Looking very nice now, I'm loving the layout. I love a nice sexy woodie on RCT3 so yeah.. Turn me on ;) haha