What's new

Saw - The Ride

Jared

Hyper Poster
One of the most anticipated films of 2008 Saw 5 will hit the cinemas and scare the pants off of many cinema goers worldwide. Whilst all that scaring is going on in the cinemas, no one has noticed the mill at Thorpe Park... Taken over by the infamous Jigsaw from the Saw movie series, the mill, once used to make the logs of loggers leap, has been taken over and your invited to enter the mill and fear for your lives...
This isn’t any film in the Cinema, this is real... Only to Thorpe Park and NoLimits Coaster in 2009...

I started this the second that Thorpe Park released the plans on to Runnymede council, and got he pre-lift and most of the layout bang on, then they decided to change it? So here’s what I’ve got...

I have spent a lot of time on perfecting the track work, getting the pacing spot on as well as all of the stats right. This coaster will feature full .3ds created by 3D studio max, and texturing done by a friend, who worked on Bungies Halo 3 as a texture artist.

The Forums won't let me post screens for some reason. Just search CCJared on the NLDC

Let me know what you all think...

Jared

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:
CCJared said:
Xpress said:
CCJared said:
Xpress said:
Ahh, you finally decided to join, my 100% pro tools friend :lol:

There's nothing wrong with using tools. Nothing at all.

And I fully agree. :)

Do the Members of this community not agree?

Nope. They have decided that they are mutual tool haters, and will never use them- get this, not even to just mess around :shock:

Well, they're not really going to like me then are they?

peely

Roller Poster
Well, contrary to belief that's just individuals opinions. Its good to see someone else apart from Xpress and myself from Coastersims.com on here. Welcome to CF..

jokerman

Giga Poster
Hate to break it to you, but there is already at least oneperson on here already doing this, and by the looks of it, they are quite a bit ahead of you. That's not to say that you should give up, just dont be disapointed not to finish first.

Jared

Hyper Poster
jokerman said:
Hate to break it to you, but there is already at least oneperson on here already doing this, and by the looks of it, they are quite a bit ahead of you. That's not to say that you should give up, just dont be disapointed not to finish first.

I'm not rushing to finish this coaster just because someone else is doing it. My track work is finished and is fully tested ans accurate. I am fortunate to have been on the Coaster quite a few times now, so I know whether or not the track feels right and rides as the real coaster does.

As for theming, I know that Wings is Powerful, but 3ds Max is more. I am able to dedicate a lot of time to the details in this project. It won't be textures adding planks to the buildings, they'll be there.

kimahri

CF Legend
Pre-Xpress.

Small arguments.

Xpress.

Large amount of arguments.

Xpress+friend.

Predicted Big Arguments.

Is the Under construction topic still here or did it get deleted?

A

Anonymous

You missed a bit off the top of the main drop supports that connects them to the peak of the track. Also there are ladders up to the top that you need to make. You dont have to, it depends if you want it to look good or not.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^You know, an under contruction topic tendsto lead to the track not being done ;)

Don't worry, he'll get it (and if he doesn't, I will :twisted: ) ;)

A

Anonymous

I never said his track wasn't done, I said his support tower on the main drop missed a few beams, it's a very real possibility that he hasn't finished it.
I just assumed he uploaded it because it was finished as there isn't anything else in the scene.

Jared

Hyper Poster
That picute of the Max scene is very outdated. The supports for the lift hill are done and have been handed over for texturing. There are bolts, realisic track connectors as well as wires and cables going up the tower. I have also doe the lift hill and chain itself. I must say, all the proximity switches and small details look sublime.

A

Anonymous

Outdated? Oh, I thought you only uploaded it a few days ago. Your level of detail sounds great. You must have been working hard on the detail you described to have it ready for texturing so soon. Show us some screens? Sounds interesting. :)