What's new

Saw AP Day

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Well after the problems everyone had yesterday, Gerstlauer must have gotten their sonic screwdrivers out overnight because Saw was running fine today!

Myself and Leighton got to Thorpe about 2:30, ambled into the nice and quiet AP shack, got renewed (and Saw ticket fee refunded), and then got our "time slot" which gave us 14 minutes to get to the Saw queue!

So we dashed over, said hi to Beans & A-Kid, wandered around the razor wire queueline and after all the endless talk of Saw, finally made it into the ride!

I'm not going to spoil it for everyone, but I'd definitely say it's the best Eurofighter I've ridden, and the indoor ride theming is ace! The indoor queueline isn't that impressive, but they could well be tempering it so it's not too scary. I'd give it 8/10 overall.

Looking at how well the Saw theme is integrated into the ride, I don't see them losing the franchise any time soon. The staff all seem quite proud of the ride too, which makes a nice change :p.

After the ride we chatted with A-Kid & Co., and Vadge popped up too, then later we had a good chat with Aero, so the place was pretty well populated with enthusiasts, but fairly quiet overall.

The park was shut off from Samurai onwards, so after a couple of goes on Collosux and Rush, we headed back to Saw to find they'd opened the queue up for everyone, so Saw whoring was the final act of the day!

Looking forward to the Live, and seeing everyone's reactions :).

peep

CF Legend
Glad you had a good day Slayed. Reading reviews of Saw just makes me even more excited for tomorrow.

Ollie

CF Legend
There's already a video on Youtube with the whole queue and all the indoor section of the ride but I refuse to watch it as I want to be surprised tomorrow.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Woo! I got the first ride and did all the shacking hands with the managment! And a very CP welcome back into the station!!

I wont give anything away with the building. I quite like the queue, its ok. But the actuall ride themeing works great!!

One thing I will say is the main drop has a huge bump at the bottom, but other than that its fantastic!! 9/10. I don't see how anybody can be dissapointed with it.

The atmosphere was buzzing. Really.

Now RC:

Saw x15 (Ok a little over done lol)
Colossus x1
Rush x2

Check the ORP area, Beanz is uploading now!!

A

Anonymous

Having been one of the first people on the ride today, thought I'd add my comments on Saw - The Ride too.

I must admit, like the others, the indoor queue was a tad disappointing, but the ride iteslf definately made up for that.

I also won't give anything away about the ride, but if you want the best ride and see all the theming, then I recommend the back row of the second car....

Ollie

CF Legend
Why the second car? That would only give you a bit of extra view further back in the station really?

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Erol speaks the truth! The second car gets more of the story while it blocks for the first car, and front row has a much better view, which on this coaster is important.

And A-Kd is right, there's a huge kick at the bottom of the drop, plus the drop after the main MCBR is a real head slapper!

I love the design of the layout though, compact and entertaining.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Very good day after yeaterdays disappointment, yes we hammered the ride, but thats us, good to see Erol, Nic and co, Leighton and Mark, Aero and friends, seems like we met them all, then we had been in the parks since 12 noon.

Saw had one minor reset whislt waiting around 12.30 but nothing else we saw.
Thoroughly enjoy ourselves but won't be doing it that many time in a day again as it has the Colossus effect. Got airtime going down drop and inside drop as well, bunnyhop was good, transitions were very quick and made it very good to ride, you all will enjoy it I'm sure, and Thorpe have done a good job in my opinion.

Good to see all the faces we know from the park, Ewan was on form with his antics on Saw as well.

Ride count

Saw 15
Rush 1

Ride count for 12th was

Colossus 2
Rush 4
Saw 0 :cry:

Looking forward to slowing down for the rest of the weekend and just enjoying the company.

Ollie

CF Legend
^What? I didn't say the second row.

on the last page I said:
Why the second car? That would only give you a bit of extra view further back in the station really?

Looks like Benin needs to read. :p

nealbie

CF Legend
I think you'll find he was probably going on about how the "cars" stack in the station like on Oblivion :wink: