What's new

Rome, Italy | Cinecitta world | movie themed park

Nic

Strata Poster
Really?! That's insane!

Oh, I know, let's build a massive new theme park!
Great idea, where shall we put it?
How about just up the road from a massive theme park built just the other year?
OK, I can't possibly see any problem with that!

Potty Italians.

The official website is pretty cool though: http://www.cinecittaworld.it

If I've understood it right, there's 4 phases/sections. The first is the initial park. The second is the "village" (I'm assuming a City Walk style entertainment area). The 3rd is another park/park section (possibly a water park?). The 4th is some kind of nature/countryside area.

They list there as being 16 kiddie rides, 3 thrill rides and 19 family rides. It looks as though a lot of it will be indoors.

I'm really struggling to imagine how this will be a success.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Before checking the link I was like "yeah ok, we'll see", but construction is well under way! How was this hidden so well?

The Colossus clone is on RCDB, so there must be some truth in that, but where has the Thirteen clone come from? Again, according to RCDB, the only other coaster is an enclosed Intamin.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ actually it will have a similiar drop section as thirteen, not really a clone :p check the link that I've posted

peep

CF Legend
Where the hell did this come from and why did I not see this topic at the weekend. Shall read into it more before giving my full opinion.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
The parks line-up so far looks good! Colossus was alright when I went on it, apart from being slowly rotated upside down 5 times in a row... Interested to see a new Intamin free-fall, is it their first since Thirteen?
And Intamin drop tower<3

andrus

Giga Poster
This looks promising :) Dante Ferretti (Italian film designer involved in eg Sweeney Todd and got an Oscar for Hugo Cabret) made the initial concept arts. Don't know whether he's still involved in the project, but if he is it'll be one amazing park!!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Apparently, this park is also going to feature a Mack Supersplash.

And there are some cool concept images have appeared on Towersstreet.co.uk:

R8vAF.jpg

Fb2Py.jpg

rqnDd.jpg

iu1qb.jpg

wo1tN.jpg

Along with the park plans:

LLnf3.jpg

3ciN9.jpg

And expansion plans:

XzMZA.jpg

FIn7x.jpg

69ToS.jpg

:shock:

I can't believe that such a massive project has been so well hidden until now!

marc

CF Legend
This park could be a big threat to Rainbow Magicland. There ride line up does appear to be better.

Find it hard to believe it will be ready by 2013 though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
After having a quick browse as that detailed plan, I can see (ride wise):

Crop Duster (wtf?)
Crazy Bus
Kite Flyer
Samba Tower
Rocking Tug
Ferris Wheel
Carousel
Jumping Tower
Family Coaster
Magic Bike
Mini Rapids
Dark Ride
Arena Stunt Show
Mini Dark Ride
Mini Monorail
Teacups
Bumber Cars
Kids virtual theme park
Fire Brigade
Theater
Live Walk through ride
Freefall
Shooting Interactive Dark Ride
Panoramic Flight Simulator
Multimotion Dark ride
LIM Dark coaster
Roller coaster
Splash Water ride

"Roller Coaster" is the Colossus clone, "Family Coaster" looks like a Big Apple, and the "LIM Coaster is enclosed. No mention of an enclosed Supersplash, though there is an outdoor "Splash ride".

Rickwally

Roller Poster
Martyn B said:
I can't believe that such a massive project has been so well hidden until now!

The most recent masterplans are the first and the last one you posted, the other ones are old but even the first one is not final.

Martyn B said:
After having a quick browse as that detailed plan, I can see (ride wise):

The Dark LIM Coaster was located where now there's the Family Drop Coaster, the spillwater will actually be the biggest Mack Rides SuperSplash ever built, 522 meters long with 2 drops. A lot of the minor rides are probably different now.

Nic

Strata Poster
marc said:
There are 3 topics on this park now.
Yes Marc, that's intentional. One for the park construction, and one for each of the major coasters.

marc

CF Legend
Oh yeah sorry I forgot that changed. I shall shut up.

Problem on tapatalk is it all sort of blends into one but have sorted that now so I get what section it's in.

Sorry

Nic

Strata Poster
Ah yeah, I don't use Tapatalk, so I forget issues like that exist.

Anyway, yes...

Rickwally said:
the spillwater will actually be the biggest Mack Rides SuperSplash ever built, 522 meters long with 2 drops. A lot of the minor rides are probably different now.
That SuperSplash sounds epic. Is there any more information about that anywhere. Do you have a source for those details, Rickwally? Is there a reason that it's not on RCDB yet the other two coasters are? (bearing in mind that Plopsa's has recently disappeared from on there)

Rickwally

Roller Poster
Nic said:
That SuperSplash sounds epic. Is there any more information about that anywhere. Do you have a source for those details, Rickwally?

Coastersandmore

Coastersandmore said:
Supersplash, Cinecitta World, Italien: Die Wasserbahn wird Macks grösste Supersplash-Installation in der Geschichte werden und gleich zwei Abfahrten in einem 552 Meter langen Doppeloval vereinigen - Die Eröffnung ist mitsamt des Freizeitparks auf 2013 verschoben worden.

Nic

Strata Poster
Does anyone know what form the movie theming will take at this park? Are they going to use specific franchises to theme their rides, or go for more of a "being at a non-specific film studio" type thing. Movieland Studios kinda does both, in very odd ways. On one hand they've got rides themed to specific franchises (Back to the Future, Terminator etc) then others have more generic movie theming (Magma 2, the drop tower etc) To me, specific franchises seems like a bit of a gamble. Some of the ones they've gone for at Movieland Studios seem very dated/insignificant now (Police Academy, for example) In that respect, I think the generic ones seem to work better. They also have more freedom with a generic theme to do what they like, and make the story fit around whatever effects/theming they can shove in.

I'm just wondering how they're going to tackle it here?

Intricks

Strata Poster
I found an announcement to the park from 09 and they said it would be a bit of a homage to Hollywoods Movie history or something like that.