What's new

Rollercoaster Tycoon stats for real coasters

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
So this is a fun little game I thought about:
I bet plenty of you guys know the 3 ratings that Rollercoaster Tycoon uses for coasters, namely "Excitement Rating", "Intensity Rating" and "Nausea Rating". How would your favourite coasters do, if you ranked them using these stats?
Of course, this is just for fun and wouldn't mean anything. I know that there is actual rules to these ratings within the game mechanics, for example Go Karts get ridiculous Excitement Ratings and tunnels and nearby scenery is accounted for in a really weird fashion, but that's not what this game is about. It's totally enough if you can slightly remember how certain coasters did ingame, or even some characteristics of coasters that had certain stats.

I'll start with Taron.
Excitement Rating: 9.50 (Very High)
Intensity Rating: 8.20 (Very High)
Nausea Rating: 4.70 (Medium)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Skyrush:
Excitement Rating: 8.50 (Very High) - headchoppers, ultrafast lift hill, over water and winged trains
Intensity Rating: 10.20 (Extreme) - no explanation needed
Nausea Rating: 5.50 (Medium) - those sudden directional changes and S-turns might make some weak stomachs a bit queasy

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'll keep it somewhat simple.
Twisted Timbers:
Excitement Rating: 8.25 (Very High) - lots of airtime hills, 3 very great inversions
Intensity Rating: 8.00 (Very High) - Lap bars only can make a ride much more intense than with OSTRs!
Nausea Rating: 4.50 (Medium) - There are a few inversions and a few weird transitions that could make some people queasy.