What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Two observations there -

1. Good on him for using the lingo.
2. Is that a drop tower car attached to Star Flyer? I don't recall seeing seats on the inside of one of those before...

I like Tom Scott. :)

wojok040

Roller Poster
2. Is that a drop tower car attached to Star Flyer? I don't recall seeing seats on the inside of one of those before...

There was a one once in Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko (now it's Legendia) produced by ukrainian company Sarmat / Analog. It worked for few weeks in one season - it turned out it was extremly faulty (it was reported that metal parts are bending during operation). It was scrapped few years later, after SBNO period. http://zavodanalog.com/en/rides-magnetic-xxl.html

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Tonight's Top Gear is filmed at Alton Towers during the lockdown:

It was a fun episode - featured some great drone footage of the cars racing through that place we all know so well, complete with the coasters running in the background. Neat!
Blackpool also got a look-in too, few shots of Big'un showed up.

Also, how many of you were cringing/screaming at the telly every time one of them called it 'The Nemesis'.

IT'S JUST 'NEMESIS' YOU TWONKS!! ?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It was a fun episode - featured some great drone footage of the cars racing through that place we all know so well, complete with the coasters running in the background. Neat!
Blackpool also got a look-in too, few shots of Big'un showed up.

Also, how many of you were cringing/screaming at the telly every time one of them called it 'The Nemesis'.

IT'S JUST 'NEMESIS' YOU TWONKS!! ?
Loved the drone footage! Also loved the shade they were throwing at Rita. ?

Smithy

Strata Poster
The Alton bit on Top Gear was really good - they actually acknowledged their own experiences of the park including the classic getting lost on the way around. The drone shots were absolutely incredible, some of the best footage I've seen of the park - although I didn't half feel a bit sick seeing some of them.

Just watching the rollercoaster year bit on catch-up now - Do you all reckon it was planned before lockdown was announced as a bit of a cheap marketing gig, and turned into something else? Or that it came about after lockdown as the park needed the revenue?

davidm

Strata Poster
Trailer for Class Action Park, definitely looking forward to watching!

BUMP.

Just for UK peeps, who might also have Sky TV, this was on Documentaries tonight so I guess is available on demand etc...

Robbie

Hyper Poster
BUMP.

Just for UK peeps, who might also have Sky TV, this was on Documentaries tonight so I guess is available on demand etc...

Yeah, I watched this last night on NOW TV and thought it was OK. It was largely a list of crazy things the park did wrong, without really any context, history or what they did right (which must have been something to last so long with all those issues). I'd have liked the makers to have probed a little deeper.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Also! Chevy announced their new Chevy Bolt EV and EUV designs over the weekend, with the help of some Disney magic. ☺️

Niles

Giga Poster
Love works in mysterious ways, she fell in love sky scream. What I find the strangest thing about this is she chose it over GeForce right next door, I mean have some standards.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Love works in mysterious ways, she fell in love sky scream. What I find the strangest thing about this is she chose it over GeForce right next door, I mean have some standards.

I bet that relationship has it's ups and downs.

Matt N

CF Legend
If you haven’t seen it, here’s a BBC Breakfast report from Blackpool Pleasure Beach on 9th April:
The report features ride footage from Icon, the Flying Machines and the Big One, as well as interviews with various BPB employees and fans.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
This will give all enthusiast a good laugh. GP WARNING!

Number one is cannibal
For the first 12 or so it looks like it could be any enthusiasts list (minus a few curveballs) but then it drops off.

It’s a shame that i305 still has its reputation for causing blackouts among the public. I guess less lines are good for me marathoning it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯