What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Matt N

CF Legend
Here's an interesting video from ReviewTyme that I found on a cancelled Universal theme park planned for Europe that would have been in Krefeld, Germany:
Really interesting to see what could have been!

davidm

Strata Poster
Last night I happened upon Clive James - Postcard From Sydney from 1995 which features a visit to the then-abandoned Luna Park. Includes a couple of shots of the Big Dipper coaster which was relocated to Dreamworld.

Starts at the 22m mark.
It's on iPlayer here and if you can't access that, there's a lower quality version on YouTube.
and he rides a wildcat on Darling Harbour (around 32min on the YT video) ; presumably a traveling one as RCDB doesn't list anything there.

Matt N

CF Legend
Here's a great video I found about a proposed 700ft tall Arrow coaster for the Stratosphere in Las Vegas that never happened:
This would have been an interesting coaster had it been built!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
As it's Channel 5 I have my doubts as to how interesting and well paced it will be but they were filming for a whole season so hopefully there's some good content. I'm personally hoping for parents having meltdowns when they realise their kid is too short to ride, stuff like that.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
I'm not really sure where to post this, but I've just finished watching season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and they go to Universal Studios in the last episode!

hahahaha They have a plot about us, what they call "coasterheads", and the portrait is so funny and somehow pretty accurate.

Well the show is hilarious and one of the characters even knew that Rip Ride Rockit is a "X-car" coaster. loved it.
I've just been catching up with this (and it is indeed hilarious). I reckon one of the writers might be a bit of a goon - in a subsequent episode there's a reference to "the mouse ride at Morey's Piers".

JamesB

Mega Poster
For those that have Disney+, 'The Imagineering Story' is a really interesting and insightful watch. There's also a 'Behind the Attraction' series in development too.

davidm

Strata Poster
Alton Towers in lockdown on the One show RIGHT NOW on BBC1

(EDIT : had just got back from the supermarket and turned the TV on to see drone shots of Nemesis - anyway that's my excuse for watching the One show.)

Worth a watch on iPlayer for the LOLs (and some cool drone shots TBH).

Last edited:

Nick13

Mega Poster
This latest episode of the BBC Travel Show is filmed in Margate and has a segment on theme parks reopening around the world. They have interviews with the CEO of Dreamland and Taylor from Coaster Studios pops up as well! Starts around 15 mins in.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
This latest episode of the BBC Travel Show is filmed in Margate and has a segment on theme parks reopening around the world. They have interviews with the CEO of Dreamland and Taylor from Coaster Studios pops up as well! Starts around 15 mins in.

Does anyone else get irritated when they talk about one park but show footage from a park on the opposite side of the planet

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Interesting they are planning on making people wear face masks and leaving rows empty on icon.

Imagine it will end up in the same situation as foreign parks with no empty seats but just mandatory masks on the ride instead.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Love this site! Wanna know why?
Cos that grinning, bespectacled buffoon Sanbrooke was on telly yesterday yamping on about the reopening of Alton Towers - prime time Central News no less - and none of y'all has bothered to even mention it. Maybe none of y'all saw it, but I'd much rather think that some of y'all did see it and simply chose not to give the guy any more free publicity.

Either way, y'all are the best! X

Last edited: