What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Didn't know where to put it but needed to share it.
42641630_2215654165171896_8300186597744181248_o.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest, I'd have been totally okay with that being the start of its own thread. That's fab.

Peet

Giga Poster
I just finished it, it's good to watch Helix on TV for an hour but the relentless over-hyping of the 3 enthusiasts throughout the whole programme is pretty nauseating.

They couldn't resist putting a bit on the Smiler crash in there too; it's like an unwritten rule these days. Definitely worth a watch though.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yep it's not bad ; lot of good visuals, but the faux-drama and the "coaster critics" stuff is all a bit of crap. (I like the idea of being a "critic" rather than a "goon" though, we should adopt that :) )

(did appear that it was originally produced as that MegaMachines series, but repackaged into that Rise of the Machines ; there was a bit of discussion over on the ECC facebook group (from the "critics") about it all last summer)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So Google built an entire dark ride promoting Google Assistant for the Consumer Electronic Show!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hah, sorry for double post - didn't realize there was a dedicated thread!

Peet

Giga Poster
I just rediscovered this which I remember watching as a kid:

It has plenty of retro charm, some nice views of Thunderlooper in the background, and some interesting analysis (Jerk & Jounce) of Nemesis.

However beware of the extremely dull interviews, occasionally wrong physics explanations, and laboriously detailed analysis of every corner and drop of the Pinfari at Wicksteed Park!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Didn't really know where to put this one, but just a quick progress video on the new Pleasure Beach hotel (filmed by Cheshire & Lancashire news).

It looks a lot taller set against The Big One than I'd initially expected... perhaps it's just the angle or because Coasters was pretty small in comparison. No more Icon view either..

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ewwwww.

Cheers for that Helix documentary above, loved it. Ignoring the random bollocks about rating it, thought it was a great insight into the ride, operations, how it keeps them safe etc...Would probably have just enough cross-over appeal to get random GP watchers

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yes, Will Pemble! I've followed the construction of his projects for a while now. He's a genuinely great guy with a real knack for building stuff. Love his videos.