What's new

Roller Coaster Manufacturers' Census

TilenB

Strata Poster
During the summer of 2015 I kept myself from getting bored working on a fairly useless project. Basically, I was putting all of the coasters (or rather their manufacturers) I'd found on rcdb into a excel file (where I've split the coasters by continents where they are found), allowing a fairly quick overview of coasters of which manufacturer can be found where. The end result were 6 excel data, which I have hopefully managed to include as attachments to my post.

Some notes:
I have also added some pre-WW2 coaster designers into the mix, since I feel their role was probably as crucial when it came to construction as the maker's was.
The numbers in the coloured squares indicate in how many locations the coaster has already appeared before I'd stumbled upon its rcdb page (country/continent)
The numbers in brackets indicate the sum of unique coasters, while the numbers outside the brackets tell the number of rcdb entries

And here is also a legend for better understanding:
Green - operating
Red - defunct
Orange - SBNO
Blue - in storage
Purple - under construction
Black - the coaster has appeared on the location but never opened to public (SBNO or in storage) and is now gone

A little preview of what to expect:
23380420305_96db61c1a3_c.jpg

22752055224_7c53b5afdb_c.jpg

link for the files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1k32irwcxyqp ... JXX-a?dl=0

Have fun and bye-bye! ;)