What's new

Rock & Roller Coasters: ICON BELIEVE IT! (BPB, 23rd June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The most exciting new UK coaster in years is nearly upon us! Now when we say we're going to ride "Grey", we don't mean Revolution... we mean ICON!
005.jpg

007.jpg

JUST LOOK AT IT!! :eek::eek:

WHEN
Saturday 23rd June.
Park opens at 10am with the "earliest ride closing" being 6, so it might open later!

MEET UP LOCATION & TIME
Usual place outside the Grand National entrance by 10:15. Give yourself plenty of time to get your wristband!

ICON EXCLUSIVE RIDE TIME
There is a possibility of ERT. It's still early days discussion and there is a cost involved - looking at £15 per person for an unspecified time. Like I said - early days discussion. This will be in conjunction with Pleasure Beach Experience. If we were to get a minimum of 60 people, the cost of ERT per person would drop significantly. This is a separate payment to the wristband.

If you're going, post below and let me know if interested in the possible ERT.

Hopefully see a good chunk of you all on the 23rd!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yes, I'll be there, and yes I'm in for the ERT.

Just as an FYI, if you order wristbands online for 23rd June, they'll mail them out to you along with your entry ticket, so you don't have to faff collecting them on the day. Apparently they're doing this if you order far enough in advance and they expect the park to be busy on the day.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I’ve never done a Live before and the nearest I’ve got to meeting any of you was walking past Ian at the top of Blackpool Tower (which I only found out later). So put me down as a “maybe” and I’ll try and know either way soon.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm interested in attending, can't confirm 100% yet though. Would ERT likely be before or after normal park hours?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'll be there. Maybe with cake as it's my birthday the day before.

I'll do ERT if everyone else wants to but to be honest I'm not that keen on paying for it - it might set a slippery slope for other parks and we've been so lucky with free ERT until now.

Very excited about Icon. God I hope it isn't ****.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I should be coming along to this, yes to the ERT also.
Anyone travelling up from London and/or need a roomie for the weekend?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Once I've passed my probation I'll put it through with work. And yes to Icon ERT was going to do the PBE event if they do one anyway.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Just to plant an idea, since a few of us still have comp tickets from Alton's snowfest, anybody up for Alton on Sunday? Or are we having the traditional post-Blackpool hangover?

nadroJ

CF Legend
I actually planned on monging around Blackpool that day - there's a +1 on the pier that I need and I've never done the ghost train in Coral Island so I'll likely roll out of bed basically dead and schlump myself around the seaside before heading home early-ish. After a breakfast at the Velvet Coaster, of course.

Speaking of hangovers...Funny Girls anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.