What's new

Silver Dollar City | Fire In the Hole | RMC Refurb | 2024

emoo

Hyper Poster
This will become part of the Firemans Landing area, to be renamed the Fire District. Track is apparently nearly complete. Before looking into it I did wonder how they would turn around the ride so quickly for next year. It's in a new building they almost sounded more pleased about the air con than than the special effects.

If it is a similar layout then fine, will make those nostalgic happier. Its the effects that needed a refresh more than anything and there's many months left to dress this up.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As far as I understand it, they're building the new ride at a different part of the park compared to the old one that is still operating in 2023. If this isn't a new cred, then I'm not sure what is.
Sorry, typed before finishing my full morning caffeination - you're right, this is all new track and location; was rather meaning to point to any actual changes to layout, versus keeping everything as is.

Definitely takes the Nemesis/Incredible Hulk new track/new credit convo to a new height of qualifier! :p

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is a video walkthrough of how the coaster currently looks.

Here are some pictures from the video, I think looking at the concept art this looks like it will be a great attraction, interested how this RMC will feel to.
4.PNG
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Very cool they offered the walk-through! Something occurring to me looking at this photo - trains coming off of the transfer track would comically have to dip into the splashboard to be on the main track (unless there's additional transfer further ahead on the track). Nothing like a quick dip to get your day started!

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
that does seem like a pretty faithful remaster, I like it a lot. there are never enough coaster dark rides in my opinion, love it

It is a faithful remaster. I was able to ride it on Saturday and the dark ride portion or most of the ride, held true to its roots but did so with some significantly improved tech. If there is a downside, and it is minor or less than minor knowing what the ride is designed to be, it is that the final drop didn't provide the pop of airtime that the original did.