What's new

RMC "ask me anything" on Facebook produced some answers

Intricks

Strata Poster
IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/07/7d339ff3f8638180c97833b8323644ec.jpg[/IMG]

RMC had hosted another AMA on their facebook page, and someone finally asked a topic that had popped up here: Did Six Flags have a contract with RMC for exclusive use of their Ibox system. The answer is no, and that other, NON-SF, parks, will be using it within the next 2 years. Also talked about in that post, was the answer that Yes, parks in the UK/Europe (beyond the current Wildfire) have inquired about their product.

So, let the speculation begin.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: RMC

7d339ff3f8638180c97833b8323644ec.jpg

You're welcome ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Not only have European parks inquired, but at least one has made a deal. :--D

Intricks

Strata Poster
^^ Thank you, as the image worked before, but it failed this time.

^ One thing I find interesting is that the only announced 2016/2017 project I know of, is Wildfire. In their slide presentation on the history and future of their company (which they graciously posted the slides onto their Facebook page), they said they had several "announced" already for 2016/17. Any insight on just the countries these known projects are for? :3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Intricks said:
^^ Thank you, as the image worked before, but it failed this time.
You deleted the first bracket. I was going to edit your post to correct that, but Jordan posted his image before I could. :wink:

TilenB

Strata Poster

ECG said:
Not only have European parks inquired, but at least one has made a deal. :--D

Yay, I'm so intrigued on which one that is going to be. :) I really hope it's something close by where I live.
I know that you aren't allowed to tell us which one is it going to be, but has any word been said on when the park is planning to make an official announcement?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Do we know if, when we say UK/EU they're actually specifying that both of those have enquired? Because if they're just saying yes to EU, then that's a wide ball park, but if UK parks have enquired... Its got to be Merlin, realistically. Drayton, Flamingo... Maybe? No way Oakwood can afford it.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Ha I was the one who asked about the UK/Europe bar Kolmarden, glad to see the speculation is already starting! The fact they replied "YES!!!!!" Kind of suggests to me that there have been significant discussions, honestly if it's in the UK I can only see it being Merlin OR Paramount. (Or both)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

If I'm honest I could easily see Drayton or Flamingo Land being able to afford one. They aren't that expensive are they?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^ :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Ha whilst we're at it shall we all agree Oakwood's 2015 Sleepy Hollow addition is confirmed as RMC too ;) From what I have heard they aren't exactly B&M price, but they aren't exactly cheap. Also Drayton should just stick with family rides, they're doing so well in that aspect it'd be odd to see them do anything else. (Also a Roar-a-Saurus GG Woodie would be perfect for them)

marc

CF Legend
Well just thinking out loud that Thorpe are meant to be getting a new coaster for 2016 and let's be honest if any uk park was to get one it would be them.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

marc said:
Well just thinking out loud that Thorpe are meant to be getting a new coaster for 2016 and let's be honest if any uk park was to get one it would be them.

But they're getting a dark ride instead, so that's not happening...

Pierre

Strata Poster

ECG said:
^ :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Rude. As well as the others mocking with sarcastic posts along similar lines after.

At least constructively post your reasons why what Owenrita said was so ridiculous in your opinion?

This is why I barely read the N&R forum - everyone knows everything and if you step out of line, you're a mug.

marc

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
marc said:

But they're getting a dark ride instead, so that's not happening...

Is the dark ride for 2015?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

I'd put my money on Merlin showing significant interest in RMC simply because the non enthusiast target audience have not seen anything like an RMC before. The designs and concepts are fresh and unique to them. I highly doubt anyone outside of the enthusiast community knows that RMC's even exist so to have one in a Merlin Park would be a huge selling point, simply because of the 'wow' factor they come with for both enthusiasts and non enthusiasts. Non enthusiasts will see a 'wooden coaster' with 'loops' and they will assume this is a worlds first. Enthusiasts will see a piece of engineering excellence that are amongst the best rated coasters in the world. This is a double win for Merlin. As much as i'd love to say i think Alton Towers will get the first one i can see one going to Gardaland (subject to space constraints) simply because their last coaster investment was Raptor back in 2011. I think Alton could possibly recieve one for 2017 as its common knowledge they have played with the idea of a woodie utilising the valley for a long time. I think Thorpe could be ruled out until 2018 ish because of the large investment going into the dark ride. However alot can change in 3-4 years. I think other UK parks can be ruled out as a £10million + investment is simply out of budget.

marc

CF Legend
Cannot see it going to Gardaland as over the last few years they have had two new coasters both costing a lot and with heide.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Just remebered the 2015 dive coaster for Gardaland as well! Forget what i said about Gardaland, Alton towers to get one first now aha