What's new

Ride Breakdown - Huss Flying Theatre

JamesB

Mega Poster
Hi there! I've been a lurker here for ages now and decided to sign up to ask about something that happened to me today.

I'm originally from England but at the moment I'm in China and today I went to the park Window of the World in Shenzhen, one of the rides they have there is Flying over America which is basically the same as Soarin' and is a HUSS ride system (even though its not on their website?)

Anyway so about 30 seconds into the ride, it suddenly cuts out and the screen goes blank. A little while later two of the gondolas go down but our one stays up right... about 15 minutes later they managed to get it to go down but the seats didn't tilt so we ended up on our backs and they evacuated us from that posistion.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of this happening before, is it a common thing at all with this make of ride? They operated the ride again straight away with just the two working gondolas, maybe this has happened before as none of the staff were panicking! Anyway I loved the ride, the effects are so much fun.

Just wanted to post this here and see what people say!

James

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's not something I've heard about personally. I'm not surprises there isn't much though as they're quite a rare ride type, and in places that aren't regularly frequented by CFers. The slightest unusual rattle on a ride at Thorpe and you have a 40 page discussion because people are always there and know the place so well.

So yeah, no idea :lol: Sounds like a fun ride to be evacuated from in that position though.

Mike

Giga Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
Is it really like Soarin? If so, bugger!
I totally didn't bother with this when I went last.

Yeah, it's pretty much a COMPLETE rip-off of Soarin'. :lol:

I think the movie was slightly different, and the ride system is really weird as it pushes you up on an arm rather than lifting you up like Soarin'.

From the sounds of it, maybe they e-Stopped the ride for whatever reason and then couldn't bring the arms down properly? That'd be my best guess.