What's new

Rick's Delight, Eurofighter, Duinrell

A

Anonymous

They have finally started to build the Eurofighter at Duinrell after some time with problems with the neighbors. It's the same model as Rage, but uses a lot more bi-rail track (it was fabricated before Rage).

http://www.rcdb.com/id3936.htm

consturctieduinrell9.jpg

Finally!!

consturctieduinrell4.jpg

I really love the supports and colour scheme.

Images, and many other from: Walibiweb.nl

I thought that there were a topic for this coaster, but after searches came up with nothing (it may have disappeared with the cleaning that was done some time ago).

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
There was one.. don't know what happened to it, Peter. Must've been pruned.

I really like that color scheme. Really nice shade of purple and those wood looking supports are really pretty, actually. The setting is very cool too. You rarely see a construction site keep so many of the surrounding trees. That's really awesome. There's some theme concept art farther down the page, or you can see it here:

http://rcdb.com/ig3936.htm

Looking very interesting so far.

Ali

Mega Poster
Is the only difference between this and Rage that this has an Immelmann instead of Rage's Over Banked turn?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^No. It is exactly the same layout as Rage. Where did you get that from?

I'm really liking the colours and the supports. I don't know why, I think it's just because they're a bit more unique. I'm also surprised to see how little the woodlands have suffered.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Glad to see this is finally going up after years of planning and problems.

Its certainly looking nice, and should be a good addition to the park. It must be a whopping investment for them, since when I went a couple of years ago, the biggest things there were a frisbee type thing and a treetops clone.

Hopefully, this coaster will complete the layout unlike the batflier they got a few years back. :lol:

Hurri

Mega Poster
Does it have more bi-rail? When Rage was going up they guy from Gerstlauer told me the one for Duinrell was exactly the same, a carbon copy..

luke8

Mega Poster
Finally going up!

I love them supports. How many Gertslauer's are being built this year, by the way? Must be around 6 or 7?

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks great. The supports are awesome and I like the way it's in the forest so winds round the trees. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm going to agree with everybody else. The setting and supports are very nice. You have to hand it to little parks like this to pay attention to such nice detail like this.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
So is Rick's Delight the greatest ever rollercoaster name? i think so.

Barry's Pleasent Suprise.
Gordon's Chipper Time.

A

Anonymous

^ I think that they will change the name before they open it...

AIG said:
Does it have more bi-rail? When Rage was going up they guy from Gerstlauer told me the one for Duinrell was exactly the same, a carbon copy..
This is the one that is going to Duinrell, exactly the same layout, but the supports and track-type between the Immelmann turn and helix differ.

R07_EF_320+01g.jpg

dooren%20van%20achtbaan%20duinrell.jpg

Trains!!

Brookes

Giga Poster
This is looking really good, the interaction with the forest around will be great. The colour scheme and the wood effect on the supports also look really sweet. Looks like there will be a lot of good Gerstlauer's opening this year.

Ali

Mega Poster
2009 is a great year for Gerstlauer. This will visually look much better than Rage, the colours and setting are awesome. Rick's Delight, must me the coolest name for a coaster ever. Hope that they don't change it. :)

jack.bell

Mega Poster
it is a amazing name who is rick though? the interation with the forest will be amazing as flying past the trees will make you feel like you are traveling much faster to.