What's new

Rhein Airtime (Germany Live) Trip reports!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
rheinairtime.jpg

CF's first uber-coaster trip to Germany! How did it go?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
****er! :lol:

Erm... I mean - good to hear it's going well so far! :p

Slayed

Hyper Poster
In all honesty, this trip has so far been rather full on (more than I expected!), and our web access is not the best, so please don`t expect much in the way of posting until we get back! My last post was made in the 2 seconds I had before dashing over to Phantasialand :).

Quick summary though: Movie Park was a bit odd with quite a few unimpressive rides but we had fun anyway, as I may have alreay said Dusseldorf fair was utterly awesome (Schwartzkopf FTW), and today Phantasialand was damned impressive (despite downpours), MAMBA LOVE, and it was great to see Harvey (costar) again!

*runs away in fear from strange German keyboard and collapses in hotel bar nursing Bitburger to avoid impending state of park inspired exhaustion*

costar

Mega Poster
So, I have the unfortunate distiction of being the first guy back. Wish I could have gone the distance, with EGF and Europa to come, they're in for a treat.

The first two days weren't half bad though.

The fact that a travelling fair upstaged Movie Park on our first day tells its own story. An immense schwarzkopf replaced the sadly missing Eurostar at the fair. There was also a crazy indoor spinning coaster - it really is hard to believe that these things arrive on the back of a lorry.. A huge Afterburner and lots of bizarre german atmosphere topped off our evening at Kirmes. This was all after Movie Park which was okay, although I imagine it will get bad press here in comparison to the other parks. The Disc'O and water rides were pretty fun and the coasters all did what they were supposed to.

Phantasia Land today was in another league again. I'll let the others explain but briefly: Front seat, Mamba, first ride of the day was very impressive. The ride is so bedded-in, you'd think it has been there for years, straight into my top 5, when i've sorted it out. Can't believe I hadn't heard more about the rapids too - it is crazy unique... Managed to get on everything we wanted to despite rain and crowds trying to impact on our day. Phantasia Land leaves you smiling though - do not underestimate this park.

I'll end with a list coz everybody likes them... Top 10 rides, best one last:

Bermuda Triangle: Alien Encounter - Bizarre but fun water ride creation
Xxx fun - (BIG Afterburner at fair)
Bandit - controversial but I liked shaking around on this..
Mystery Castle
Winjas Force
Winjas Fear (slightly ahead)
Colorado Adventure
River Quest
Alpinabahn (at fair)
Black Mamba - I left the guys re-riding this as I had to catch my train but from my one ride, it wins.

It's late and I'm working tomorrow, Tschüs!

marc

CF Legend
Just got hope great time had by all, great time is a total under statement.

Thanks to Slayed for everything great job.

Trip reports tomorrow as I need my bed :)

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Damnit, I beat Mushroom to the topic but not Marc. I blame the queue to leave the Airport!

Trip reports are forthcoming soon but I need a bit of time to do them justice as this was quite a trip, so thanks to Mark for organising to Marc and Mark for volunteering to drive and to everyone for whom it was a pleasure to travel with.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Please be aware that the built in topic radio is currently OFF, and there fore replies may not be particularly forthcoming.

I AM ZE NAVIGATOR.

Great trip.

Mark

Strata Poster
Christ, I thought I was going to get lost around CF for a minute there, after all, I have not been on here for four days.......

Anyways, WOW what a blooming week. CRAZY.

First things first: Movie Park
After the hike from the overflow car park we got into the park with relative ease. Bandit was first and it was rougher then ever. It certainly has not aged well in the last three years. My neck was just hammered to bits... so what, in our wisdom, do we do next... an SLC...
Again, this is ageing appaulingly and hurt like hell, it's pretty much the worst i've ridden barring one other.

The other rides were all fun enough, except for the rapids which were unfortunately closed... Booooooo

To be honest, what was certainly better on Day One was just chatting to people and getting to know those I didn't know as well, a little better. Peter and Ollie mainly. I didn't really know you guys much before the trip, so it was good to get to know you much better.

Day 1: Part B: FUNFAIR
I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't overly fussed about attending the optional fair bit. But, I am so massively glad I did. I have never seen a fair so big. The rides were awesome. The Apinabahn was a classic example of why Scwarzkopf coasters should still be made. Intense, consistent speed, amazing drops, climbs and corners and airtime in the most bizarre unexpected places!

And that indoor spinning coaster... That was simply the craziest thing I have ever seen. Gave us a bit of a battering in a good way and had some rather random effects in there. In the words of Stone Cold, it was effectively someone playing with RCT on LSD! And he couldn't be more right. It was like they were just dumping the most conflicting theme scenery items in the same area and going wild with it. AND IT SOOOO WORKS!

Just sorting out some pictures for Day one now...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

Mark

Strata Poster
hahahah, these couple were taken to keep my (along with Martyn and Rob) previous Euro trips tradition alive....

SLUSH PUPPIE!
Markslush1.jpg

Markslush2.jpg

marc

CF Legend
Day 1 Movie Park.

I felt the park lacked a lot, it was sort of a normal Movie Park then not very strange.

The coasters were nothing to right home about Bandit was very rough but did give some air time. The Flat rides were better than the coasters thats for sure, the Frisby was very intense very fast and spinny and just when you thought it was over it got faster.

The Bermuda Triangle: Alien Encounter was very strange no idea what it was about. The row in front of us got wet which was funny.

The group seemed to enjoy Shrek 4D which was cool, just a shame the speakers in the pre show seemed to be far to quiet.

I finally rode my 1st standard SLC and I have to say I am not looking forward to my next. I hated it no matter what I done I could not stop banging my head and neck. A lot of the group said it was the worst one they have ever been on.

I would not rush back to the park though, they need a lot of investment and I felt paying 5 euro to park on a field and a 15 min walk was a bit much.

The highlight of the day was the fair, just like Mark said I was not overly bothered about it but omg I would go to Germany just for that. It makes English fairs look like school fates simple as that. The atmosphere was electric and the rides just fantastic some of the best coasters on the trip worth every penny. I felt safe and welcome which is not normally the case in the UK, there were so many families there as well. I sat out the After Burner but now I do wish I had gone on it.

The hot dog was amazing have never seen one so big.

Great 1st day and a good start to the 1st Euro Live.

It was great to meet new people as well such as Tim, Anthony, Harvey and Ollie.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I'm back now!

Nackered and some family friends have just come around so I can't post much. I'll quickly sum up what I thought of the parks though, and get around to posting a proper report later on. I have about 500 pictures to post too. :p

Movie Park: Was alright but nothing special. I enjoyed Bandit (unlike most people) but everything else there was average. The Frisbee was pretty damm cool though. I wouldn't rush back there.

Fair: Definatly one of the highlights of the trip. ****ing amazing place, with totally insane rides. Shame about Eurostar not being there, but I managed to get my first Schwarkopfh which I was pretty chuffed about. I would definatly love to go back to one.

Phantasialand: Best park of the trip by far. The themeing there was incrediable and they really know how pull off a coaster well. Mamba was amazing, Fear and Force are by far the best spinning coasters around - just love the elevator start and bits of trick track everwhere.

HolidayPark: GeForce started slow but by the end of the ERT I was loving it. There wasn't much else there that I would bother with again, but would return just to ride EGF.

Tripsdrill: Nice little park with a good selection of family rides. Shame about the rush to get the credits done, as I would have like to spend a bit more time there, but its not really enough to hold me for a full day.

Europa: Silver Star really wasn't that great, and everything else there was average Mack rides. I'm glad we got everything done here as I was expecting it to be very busy.

Finally, big thank to Mark for organising everything. Everything went perfectlu, except perhapse the airport panic last night. :p

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Tripsdrill were fantastic with Mammut, that guy was a legend, turned up after it closed and still got a few rides on it - nicely done!

Was awesome when he was operating G'sente Sau too, ^.-