What's new

RedEye - RLRides Wing Coaster -DOWNLOAD NOW

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I didnt intend to make a wing coaster, I've already made a couple before, but I never feel like I quite got the right feel when I've done them. So I was browsing through the new wing coasters in China and the new one in Fantasy Valley and it just inspired me to try a few elements. Before I know it I've started making a sequence of elements that feel really great together and sit perfectly in the skyline. So I've decided to see where I can take this.

The name and theme concept is flying at night. Scott over in discord created this beautiful lighting package that moves and changes as the trains pass over the sections of track and I really think the layout lends really well to this style of lighting. Anyway, here is the first look, I'm still working on the concept for the paths and station... but I'm very happy with how it rides.

Attachments

• 211026-15.jpg
    211026-15.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 28

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks great, as always! Looking forward to seeing the whole package put together!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
So past month I've had computer trouble which is why I've not managed to post much, but now I can, so here are some screenies.

211026-16.jpg

211026-7.jpg

211022-6.jpg

211026-5.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just an update, heres some testing footage

And a view of the station building close to being complete, designed by Thom

4eb231d8dc9b48f095dfe1606359c92a.png

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Thom has handed the ride back so now its time to finish it all off!

220122-3.jpg

It's slowly turning into what I visioned for the ride <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like the clean look of the station - makes the ride look very in-keeping with that slick aviation theme.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Red-Eye-Poster-Final3.jpg

Background-

After an small airstrip got shut down and abandoned for many years, the local council decided to renovate the area where it sat with a new path by the reservoir. Part of the scheme includes RedEye, a ride that celebrates the history of the land it sits on, with a bright lighting package, this coaster will be the backdrop of the many events planned on the old airstrip.

Design-

This coaster was initially inspired by the new wing coaster in Fantasy Valley. I loved how it sat elevated and created this beautiful shape in the skyline. I used elements from that coaster, but also Fenix in Toverland and a few of the other wing coasters in china to create a ride with plenty of air and a flowing pace. The ride sits on its on bank, slightly raised, with a lighting package that highlights the profile of elements.

Elements-

Straight Drop
Zero-G Roll
Air-Time Hill
Immelman
S-Hill
Downward Carousel
Air-Time Hill
Corkscrew
Upward Carousel
In-Line Twist

Credits