What's new

Really Basic Question about Cedar Fair Platinum Pass

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
My question: How do I get one? Can I get one online? Do I have to go to a Cedar Fair park and get one in person?

(I don't live near a Cedar Fair park, but I plan on visiting KI, CP, and CW (in that order) this July.)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm fairly certain you can purchase the voucher online, which you would print out and bring to a Cedar Fair park. You would then go to the Pass Activation Booth/Building to redeem your pass. Of course, you can always buy the passes out of pocket at the park, but going online does give you a discount. In fact, I would keep checking online for a sale. Obviously it won't be as extreme as the Christmas and/or Black Friday sales, but it's still better than paying full price for one.

Have fun on your trip! :)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'm fairly certain you can purchase the voucher online, which you would print out and bring to a Cedar Fair park. You would then go to the Pass Activation Booth/Building to redeem your pass. Of course, you can always buy the passes out of pocket at the park, but going online does give you a discount. In fact, I would keep checking online for a sale. Obviously it won't be as extreme as the Christmas and/or Black Friday sales, but it's still better than paying full price for one.

Have fun on your trip! :)
Thanks for the info and tips. Much appreciated!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
It's soooo worth it! Free parking to every park, early entry to every park, you really get the full experience!

Also you can buy it online, and then you would go to anyone of the parks and get registered, like GWAS said.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I bought mine on the Valleyfair website last year as they were offering a free 2017 visit as well as 2018's pass for a good price.
I had to redeem it at Valleyfair's admissions building though(it specifically said that on the voucher), it was a regular Plat Pass so you may want to order it from the park you want to collect it from.
It's probably fine, if the US members say any park, just passing on my experience.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I bought mine on the Valleyfair website last year as they were offering a free 2017 visit as well as 2018's pass for a good price.
I had to redeem it at Valleyfair's admissions building though(it specifically said that on the voucher), it was a regular Plat Pass so you may want to order it from the park you want to collect it from.
It's probably fine, if the US members say any park, just passing on my experience.
Thanks for that. Yes, I had heard from people who tried to buy a Plat Pass on the general Cedar fair site but couldn't find a way to do it, so buying it from the website of the park one intends to visit first makes some sense then.