Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Simple enough question:

Do you have a 'real' or an 'artificial' Christmas tree?

I'm talking about the main one in your house. I know some people have several, but there's often one that is the main one.

Umm... I'm not sure I can drag this question out any longer...

Artificial - so much better and recyclable than the real one and doesn't make a mess.

For those that still aren't convinced, put a pine scented Airwick in the base for the full authentic effect :p

Inverse said:
Real! For me, the smell is a very important part of Christmas, plastic just doesn't have it.

Stick a powerful air freshener in the tree somewhere it's fab! Certainly won me over from the authentic mess of a real tree :p

I'm rather disappointed that this wasn't about boobs but either for me. I like both, artificial cause less mess. Real causes nicer smells.

Personally however, always had artificial.

Artificial.

They last for years, they look nicer and I hate the smell of real Christmas trees.

We get a real one every year. It's silly as my mum complains about not having enough money and then goes and forks out on a real tree every year when it's much cheaper to get a fake one and re-use it every year. Plus real ones are a pain as the needles keep dropping and it keeps picking you whenever you brush past it.
So yeah real.

It's always real for me.

We always talk about getting an artificial tree, but we can never be bothered.

There's something nice about having a real tree. Even though an artificial one with an airwick give the effect, it's not quite the same.

Well I've got a real one in the extension room but an artificial in the lounge. I agree with Ollie real are a pain but they look better than artificial I think. Our real one is bigger than artificial so I'll go with real.

A real one, I will even go out an chop it down myself this year :)

An artificial will never feel the same way...

Artificial one is better. We had a real one last year and it made so much mess so we went back to our artificial one this year which has lasted a good few years now and still looks great. :p

Artificial, they cost less, last longer and you can just chuck it in a box at the end of Christmas unlike a real tree which is a pain to get rid off.

We used to get real ones each year, but as our council refused to pick them up after Christmas, we got a fibre optic one.

It looks much better and has served us well for 4 years now :D

But the people I'm living with also have an artificial one.

Artifical.. I could see myself feeling bad for chopping a tree down, and then not wanting to throw it out at the end. At least we can keep our artificial one!

Emmett said:
Artificial, they cost less
Huh, I don't follow you, we get our "real" one for free from a forest...
The one that you can buy looks as bad as a plastic one in my view.

Artifical.

As much as I love real trees they are a pig to get rid of after Christmas and our cats love to urinate all over anything that is of plant/tree orientation.

By getting an artifical one I just take it down and bung it back up in the loft/attic.

Real. Fake ones are nonononononononoooo!

After Christmas, we put it in a corner of the garden. Let it dry for a while. When the weather gets suitable for garden work, it's time to bring out the axe again. Chop off all the branches, throw them at the compost heap, and cut the trunk up in several pieces that go as firewood. Perhaps not as easy when you live in an apartment, so if I ever move into one, I may consider getting a fake one.

Then dismiss the idea as silly, find the axe and head for the forest.

Didn't get a tree this year as I don't really care for one and we will be going up to Northern California to visit family anyway (and they have a tree).

I'm not sure if their's is real or not, but in the past years when we would get a tree it'd always be a real one.