What's new

RCT4 being considered

RCF

Strata Poster
Well just because they've asked for opinions doesn't necessarily mean it's confirmed at all. No one knows, it could be totally hypothetical, so they can see if they were able to manufacture a game to the players needs/wants (such as it being similar to No Limits/Scream Machines and other such factors). It is cool that they're asking this, but right now, I just see it as "meh, maybe, unlikely". Give me a confirmation I can trust, then I might consider if it's fact.

Ollie

CF Legend
I was thinking about this yesterday when I saw RCT3 in Game.
I thought that RCT3 wasn't meant to happen as they didn't have all the copyrights or permissions or something. Or Chris Sawyer didn't want to make another RCT game.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Do you mean RCT4? Because I had seen somewhere a while ago that they said they were not gonna make RCT4 ever. Obviously now though they have realised how much money they could make from it.

I can't see what more they can do to make it better than RCT3 without it turning into an inferior versoin of NoLimits.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
i really hope they make the transitions are made better and the launch on the coasters are better in stead of full speed launch directly out of the station.

please come out on a mac

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like "helper tools".

So say you are building a lift hill. Place your bottom piece of lift hill, then place you last piece at the top level. Then simply click "fill with lift hill pieces between". Voila, you have a lift hill between the two markers at whatever angle it needs to be.

Same with most of the track, you essentially draw the path you want your coaster to travel. It can still work in "blocks", but the track between is flexible. You could even have flexible inversions.

Likewise, for building paths. I want it to "start here", "finish here", this type. It then generates the path between. It the land is too jagged or steep, it forms the land correctly for you, or automatically adds steps.

And for buildings. A simple system of "standard building, 20 blocks wide, 10 blocks deep, five blocks high - painted in "castle".

You could still modify individual blocks if needed, but it would be nice if the game could create them. You could also do something similar for circular buildings. "Create a round building that occupies a 12x12 block area, six blocks high". Then "create a domed roof that occupies a 13x13 block area" and you put the domed roof on top yourself (with some overlap to look good).

There's so much more as well, but I think "building flexibility" is really for me, the key upgrade they should go for, and it's something both PC's and a modern gaming engine could cope with today.

Sorry for the serious post :roll: :p

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
id like a vertex by vertex design interface similar to no limits. More scenery detail, and i would like it if the Launch types were more varied, and could be programmed just like NL.

not to mention better graphics than RCT3

CMonster

Giga Poster
I was thinking, maybe something like that new Forge World for Halo: Reach. Where you have options to turn on or off the grid, rotate it, ect, and have building options of like suspending things in mid-air, making them fall to the ground, or placing them in terrain.

It's kinda hard to explain, so watch the youtube vid, but definetly a more flexible grid.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I always thought a resort mode would be awesome. So after you've built one park you could link it to another one and have hotels and water parks and things like that.

Then don't bother with the 4, just call it Roller Coaster Tycoon Resort. Immediately you have a new reason to buy the game and I think it would be great.

That's what I'd like to see.