What's new

RCT3 | CP10`s Intamin Challenge. (Voting Period)

Colossus

Giga Poster
Re: CP10`s Intamin Challenge. (Voting Period)

1st place - reddude333 - Uncharted - Drake`s Fortune

Hmmm6.png

Well well well, look who stole the show again, well done Mr reddude.

Firstly, let me start off by saying that I have never played Uncharted before, but I don`t thing that mattered, I could understand the theme just by how well it was done, I feel like I could play that game and have a full understanding of whats going on just from seeing this ride.
The layout I thought was exceptional, the launch into top hat was really well done, very Intamin like, the twisty helix's in the forest are completely immersive, accompanied with the theming throughout the ride, made this a really enjoyable watch. The slow indoor section was very nicely done, and a nice break in between action sections, (agreed also by the online vote).
Theming is of the highest quality all throughout, its visible that lots of work has gone into it, the container ship, the station, the indoor section, everything is of the highest quality. Surrounding area is good also, I really liked the river rafts.
Again being nit picky I would say the second launch could have been slightly less forceful, perhaps more gradual, and there's a couple of points where the track looks too close to the path, with no barrier, but again, that`s minor details, everything is good with this ride, its one I`ll enjoy watching again in the future.

So I send you my congratulations, a worthy winner yet again. Your rides are always of the highest quality and I genuinly believe this is one of your best.

Well done.

CP10 57/60 ONLINE 35/40 OVERALL - 92%

Colossus

Giga Poster

Conclusion

I just wanted to take the time to thank all you guys that participated in making this competition what it has been, reddude, scw55, JammyBand, addy, portemine and Josh. (shame you couldnt get in) Although I have hosted this competition, you guys have really made it what it is. All the rides, are great in their own way, you guys all did well and I thank you for making this competition easy to manage, I know its taken ages, but I thank you for your patience and sticking with it.

So thanks again guys, and I hear-by hand over the hosting reigns over to the next person. :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Second again ! :--D
Getting this result after having encountered so many troubled and with such a strong opponent is already extraordinary. I am pretty puzzled by the margin given the scores I set myself - seems that I shot myself in the foot. Nonetheless, reddude's victory is totally deserved. What a really enjoyable ride you've made, patience and imagination reunited, well done Sir :)
Congratulations to scw55, JammyBand, addy and Josh as well. It's been a pleasure to watch your rides in motion. All of you showed creativity and passion for the game.

Colossus, I want to thank you for masterminding this hell fun comp. I know it's been complicated sometimes and thus I'm glad it turned out very well with 5 exciting and distinctive entries. On a personal note I rediscovered the potential of Intamin machines in this game and it's also thanks to you :)

To conclude, this whole comp has exhausted my RCT3-energy. This is due to both the gigantic over-ambitious Virtù and the make-a-coaster-in-4-days Eridan. Hence I'm gonna take a break for a while. However expect something huge after that pause, I have so many ideas in mind !

scw55

Hyper Poster

@Portemine I know what you mean. I got burn out during my entry hence the lower-quality area around my Stand-up and not even attempting to do anything with my toboggan. I don't do as ambitious projects as you with scenery, but in terms of what I do, I have never used so much building scenery before, ever, in any RCT game.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Both you guys did really well, to get something in under the circumstances you came up against.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Maybe that's why we're fatigued :p

reddude333

Giga Poster

Wow, that certainly was a close one! This has been such a fun contest for me and I hope (even with the technically difficulties) that is was fun for all. I really enjoyed seeing everyone put out good entries and seeing the progress made since the last competition. Not to mention, this was by far my favorite project on RCT3 yet. I have explored CS more than ever here trying to get everything to look perfect. Although I'm sure it wasn't necessary to play Uncharted before checking out my coaster, I highly encourage anyone who likes adventure games to play the series (and hopefully you would see more of my inspiration). All of you are very important in the creation of my entries because you always push me to my limit to make sure every detail is accounted for...so I thank you for that.

And of course a big thanks to Colossus. This has been a bit of a hairy competition in the sense of drop-outs, redos, etc. and you handled all of the administrative issues beautifully. Thanks for yet another fun competition!

JammyBand

Roller Poster

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been a little absent, my internet has been down since Friday! Anyway, I'm very happy with my place. :--D This comp has been outstanding and I can't wait for another one! I hope everyone liked my coaster because I certainly did. I have never done anything anything as well as this. (Literally, normally they're just a pile of steel junk) Also, I'd like to say well done to everyone! Everybody was amazing and created awesome stuff. I have never seen anybody's creations before but it was certainly a surprise when I saw them. :) Just a question, when will the next competition be? :p (I can't wait)

-JammyBand