Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • RCT3

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
I can't stand RCT3 but I love RCT2. So yes, RCT2 is my choice.

(I hate the fact that I lose track of time when playing RCT2... before I realise a few hours have passed by the time I check the time.)

Martyn B

CF Legend
RCT2 is so good for building parks, I can spend hours on there having so much fun. Where as RCT3 is only really good for building coasters, and riding them, and get bored quite easily.

RCT2 all the way!

XYZ

Roller Poster
I like RCT2 because it is much more user-friendly, looks more realistic, and you can build large parks.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I'd have to say RCT3. I like that they brought back actual scenarios that allow you to unlock more (even if they are easy). Of course the 3-D is nice, but I also enjoy all of the extra content that people are still making in order to keep the game relatively up-to-date. RCT2 was good because it greatly expanded the coaster spectrum but to be totally honest I have a lot of trouble deciding between RCT and RCT3 as my favorites. There is just something about the original that makes it 100% more nostalgic, and even somewhat more realistic.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
RCT2 by far,

RCT3 is a trainwreck, I could spend hours listing all the things wrong with that game.

Its a textbook example of feature creep, where new features are added at thet expence of perfecting the core game. Most of the rides aren't finished varying only cosmetically or in price and many don't work at all;

The reverse freefall coaster fails to make it back to the station.

The grand canyon rapids gets poor stats regardless of the ride layout.

The Mine Ride Cannot be set any higher than 2mph.

Most of the scearios are impossible to complete when charging an enterance fee, The best way to make money in the larger parks.

And the guest AI does not react to stuff like deleted pathways.

On the plus side the technical side of the game was pretty good, I think It was one of the first games to have a 2d mouse pointer interact with a 3d landscape (The problem is that its hard to work out what object a certain pixel is part off, Most games before this ether used flat terrain such as monopoly tycoon and work it out with math or they had a 3d mouse pointer like black and white). Oh and the AI despite what I mentioned above was in general very impressive and much more advanced than the AI roullette used in the first two games. Shame its poorly implemented.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Idlewild said:
Its a textbook example of feature creep, where new features are added at thet expence of perfecting the core game. Most of the rides aren't finished varying only cosmetically or in price and many don't work at all;

It does seem odd that some rides have the land-space of 1mile squared.

The reverse freefall coaster fails to make it back to the station.

You built it too long.

The grand canyon rapids gets poor stats regardless of the ride layout.
Most rides in RCT2 were like that.

The Mine Ride Cannot be set any higher than 2mph.
It builds momentum when travelling along the flat.

Most of the scearios are impossible to complete when charging an enterance fee, The best way to make money in the larger parks.
And some scenarios requires you to. Besides, I only started charging a fee when my park was so expansive the AI cba to walk all the way to stuff in the distance.

And the guest AI does not react to stuff like deleted pathways.
What bothers me is that the AI gets bored about reaching the far end of the park. Even with a map they can't be bothered to walk there. To remedy that you simply ensure there is rarely any large expanse of path of nothingness. Or utilise transport ride. Although with the most recent version it feels like the AI is less stupid.

RCT3 takes time to get used to it. I used to love using scenery and building beautiful set pieces in RCT2 and it took me a decade to get used to using scenery again. Mainly because I hadn't properly explored the terrain tools.