What's new

RCT2 Hack Tutorials

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Alright, here's a new section that I'm finally getting around to, along the lines of the stuff Sax Man and Furie have been doing for you RCT3 people.

I've done a couple RCT2 tutorials, and I'll put them up here with screens and stuff to help you out.

This topic will remain locked. I'll update as I get more. Feel free to suggest.

Questions, Comments, or Suggestions regarding this topic should go here

Thanks, and enjoy.

First, here's a bit of a preface to all this:

Roller Coaster Tycoon Hacking is done through "Trainers" which alter items in the game to produce an effect not found in playing the game otherwise. Hacking can be done with one of two tools: the 8 Cars per Trainer or the Son of Beast Trainer.

For ease in understanding all the materials, I will be using ja227's 8 Cars per Trainer.

You can download the Trainer here:
http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_200 ... ainers.htm

Be sure to save it in an easy to find area, like in your "My Documents" folder, or even directly on the desktop. You will need to be able to find it and open it every time you want to hack.

A Problem with 8 Cars
On some computers, the newest version of 8 cars does not work. Well, most of it works, except for zero clearancing, which, after you restore clearances will still keep the game messed up. I believe it happens on Windows XP computers, but there may be more.
If this happens to you, PM me your e-mail address and I will send you the old version.

The Interface:

8carsmain.jpg

Here is a menu-by-menu overview of what 8 cars has to offer.

1. The 'general' section of 8 cars, this area allows options such as owning all land, opening and closing a park (helpful for those with no finances), and adding custom messages to your information panel in RCT.
2. Decide to use money, or not to use it. You can also add or subtract up to 5 million dollars (or whatever you currency is) without penalty.
3. Hate the rain? Here you can make it sunny, hot cold, or whatever. There's also an option to freeze the weather.
4.Several generally unused features in this area, although worth noting is the adjust land mover size, which lets you move very large amounts of tiles at a time.
5. Let's you do many things involving keeping your park clean or keeping guests happy. The speed at which the staff moves can also be adjusted.
6. One of the most used sections of 8 cars, this houses the "edit ride stats" menu and other options like any height construction for all rides.
7. Need more guests? Use this to bring in as many guests as you need. You can also decide to remove them all.
8. Here you can remove the floating prices that appear after something is built.
9. The most used menu of the game, this houses zero clearancing as well as the ability to remove objects like ducks from the map.

The Edit Ride Stats Interface

8carsrides.jpg

This is the Edit Ride Stats Interface, found under the rides menu (Number 6 Above). Please note that those without numbers are features that I don't use. While they may be helpful, I don't find the need to talk about them here.

1. Choose the ride that you wish to hack in this drop down menu.
2. The name of the ride you have selected appears here.
3. Determines the type of track that is used on thr ride- helpful with invisible tracked rides.
4. Determines the type of train or vehicle the ride uses. Helpful for custom, or unique rides.
5. Determines the operating mode (such as continuous circuit) that the ride will use.
6. When you initiate a hack, it is usually applied to a certain color scheme, which can be selected here.
7. Raise or Lower a certain piece of track for a hack.
8. Bury a section of track underground. (Helpful for creating a land tunnel on an operating coaster.)
9. Uncover a certain section of track in a tunnel.
10. If a mode that launches the ride is selected, this determines that speed.
11. The speed used for the lift hill chain- helpful in making realistic launched coasters.
12. Determines how far up or down a selected section of track will be raised/lowered.
13. Initiates the action AND exits the menu.
14. Initiated the action.
15. Exits the menu.

Remember, the number 1 rule of hacking is to ALWAYS save your work. Hacking is very unpredictable and can sometimes corrupt an entire saved game file. Always save your work before complicated hacks!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Track Merge

So you?re recreating Six Flags over Georgia. You begin on Mindbender, but a problem arises, what track do use. You want realism, so the Intamin box section would be the perfect choice. But you can?t do loops? The tradition Schwarzkopf looper has those, but the track isn?t the same. So what to do? You don?t have to settle for a less then perfect ride. Track merging can help you achieve what you want. Track merging takes two (or more) tracked rides (coasters, water, cars, etc.) and puts them together as one so a train will run smoothly over them.

For this example, I will be merging a giga coaster on to a Schwarzkopf.

Start out by building your original coaster (the Schwarzkopf in our example) to the location where you want the merge to occur. Stop 1 space before the merge point.

Now build the new coaster in front of the original, leaving a 1 square gap.

Then take the original coaster and build a separate section above your two coasters. It should be 3 sections long spanning the last section of the original coaster, the gap, and the new coaster.

merge1.jpg

Use the paint palette and paint the original coaster with Alternative Scheme 1.

merge2.jpg

Open up 8 cars per trainer. Find the new coaster (the giga in our example) in the menu on the top right. Change the operating mode to Boat Hire Mode (2) and change the launch speed to 5 (3). Click Apply, but do not exit the menu.

8cars1.jpg

Now find the original coaster in the menu and find Alternative Scheme 1 in the color scheme option box (2). Check the Raise/Lower box. (3) This will lower your section of track. Specify the amount you wish to raise or lower it in the offset box (4). -2 is the most common offset for flat track, and the one we used in this example. Click Apply (5) then cancel (6). Do not click ok. By clicking apply and ok, you initiate the hack twice, putting the track below where you want it.

8cars2.jpg

Go back to RCT. It should look like this:

merge3.jpg

Now, we reverse the above steps to merge the track back to the original ride. Instead of making it on a straight section, we?ll do it on a turn. It is essentially the same as the first time.

Leave one space (the turn between the first track and the second)

Create an overlap piece with the merge coaster (the giga) just like the first time. Be sure to copy the bottom track exactly.

merge4.jpg

Now go back to 8 cars once more.

Find the original coaster this time and follow the screenshot.

8cars3.jpg

Repeat with this screen after finding your new coasters (the giga):

8cars4.jpg

Go back into RCT.

If it?s done right, go ahead and test it and it should look like this:

merge5.jpg

Now you can paint the alternative schemes like the original and clean up the look of your ride.

You?ve successfully merged in RCT2.

------------

NOTE 1: The merges do not have to be done separately. ONce you understand how this all works, it's often easy to just merge it all at once. Until you're comfortable with merging, don't do it.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Backwards Hack
aka, 'The Expedition Everest Thing'

Ok, here we go:

1. Build your ride. I've done a simple one here with a small backwards section. Currently, this is set to powered launch, so I don't need a chain. The arrows indicate direction of the track. Note I've built the 'exit' pieces in place, but the 'entry' pieces are up above. All the same track. I've painted them Alternative Color Scheme 1 (see ride window).

1a-1.jpg

2. Go to 8 cars. Find your ride [1]. Check Raise/Lower [2]. Find Alternate Color Scheme 1 (since we used that) [3]. Input how much to lower. In this case, the track above is 3 units higher, so we put in -3. If the two sides are different heights above, you'll need to paint one alternate color scheme 2 or 3 and do it separately [4]. Click apply, then cancel [5].

4a.jpg

3. Back in the game, the track is lowered. Save the file first so you don't get an error (if the train reaches the end of the track, it will error). Make sure the train has enough power to pass the first piece of track right where the split is.

3a-1.jpg

Notes: You don't have to hack on the entire length of the reverse point (Mountaineer's for example, has a loop and turn). You just need to go one piece (I believe) of overlap and then you'll be fine. I'm not sure exactly, but it's something to try if you're going complicated.

Example: Mountaineer

Any questions, please let me know!
Test.

Cyrbuzz66

Roller Poster
I tried the track merging and it didn't work. In fact the trainer showed an error message and closed. I have the 8 cars trainer and continuously tried and failed. Are there any other ways to merge tracks?