What's new

RCT for Android and iOS 2013

reddude333

Giga Poster
Looks like Atari has had some RCT plans up their sleeve. They have revealed that they will be releasing a mobile version of RollerCoaster Tycoon. I for one am glad to see they will be offering it for Android. There is still speculation whether the game will be free-to-play or sold otherwise.

Article: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/RollerCoaster+Tycoon/news.asp?c=46026

The question is, will it be a reboot of RCT1 or will there be added features...I would rather it be isometric and not 3D as much as I enjoy RCT3. What do you think?

reddude333

Giga Poster
I am still probably going to get it. I liked the first one and I'm pretty much married to the franchise at this point :p

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ Well I can only hope its a pretty by-the-book copy then. If it is just a mobile version of the original game, it should be better than that other crap. I will have hope until I see this thing...and then I may (and I know this is entirely plausible) come to the depressing realization that you have Furie...

Idlewild

Mega Poster
This is almost certainly not a port of the original RCT, the original RCT was written almost entirely in Assembler.

Assembler is the lowest level programming language there is, It is pretty much directly machine code.

Porting the game to a system that uses a processor other than x86 would require a complete rewrite of the game.

marc

CF Legend
From what I read they said it was a port and run through an emulator just like they do with games from the 80's.