What's new

RCF's Construction Topic NEW Intamin Mega Lite: PIRATE

RCF

Strata Poster
After 3 months of pure procrastination, I decided to finish what I had started 3 months ago. This is a new coaster called "The Dream Machine". My first coaster on CF but my fourth coaster made and the second with the custom supports. Pics!

Whole coaster from a distance
shot0001jh.png

Train on the loop
shot0003xz.png

Into second corkscrew
shot0010w.png

Birds Eye view
shot0012rh.png

Into the Immelman
shot0004n.png

Into the 0 G Roll just out of the mist tunnel
shot0007s.png

Atop the lift hill
shot0011z.png

And the front of the station
shot0013q.png

I will be posting some night pics as soon as I can. But now my video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1F87hL5JbI[/youtube]

Yes I realize the "An" instead of "A" in the beginning. And sorry for the shaky camera work, I don't have much of a steady hand. I will also have a night POV when I get my pictures done.

Comments appreciated! :D

kimahri

CF Legend
S'abit plain... It's also kind of under supported in some places, like the corkscrews, and over supported, like the overbank break run and drop befor the corkscrews.

Also for he bits that touch the ground. Make some trenches, fill them with water and put some of maretmars or someone similars rocks around it.

CMonster

Giga Poster
My God the begining of that lift hill made me feel clastrophbic! :p

To repeat what Kim said, some areas need a little bit more supporting, others need less, and nothing should touch the ground. Just lower the land and add some supports or something.

Oh, and, add some trees and whatnot. :)

RCF

Strata Poster
Well I have a new idea that I will be presenting shortly. I just need to know what to do to make the corkscrew supports a little bit more supported.

EDIT: Well it's time to present my idea.

As you can tell, my coaster is called "Dream Machine" but really has nothing to do with dreams except night colors and mist tunnels. How can it be improved you may ask? A new concept has really based this coaster on the concept of dreams.

Pics!

My first concept right after the first drop, a nice, calm serene misty forest
shot0015gc.png

One more shot
shot0021k.png

Next, right after the first loop and into the Immelman, a nice beach with waterfall!
shot0019v.png

Another shot
shot0018u.png

Next, I take into scary mode with a nightmare! Right after the Zero G and into and out of the cobra!
shot0022e.png

Another angle
shot0029i.png

And finally, no dream would be complete, without an outer space theme!
shot0026p.png

(Yes I realize there are no supports for corkscrews, I apologize as I was going to make them more realistic, but RCT3 kept crashing)
Another angle!
shot0025d.png

That's it for this update, next I should have the NEW Daytime POV, and of course the night POV!

CMonster

Giga Poster
Looks good! Obviously you haven't finished supporting stuff and whatnot, so it's nice so far. One thing, only if you want to, maybe take out the exposed sides in the beach dream, although I know waterfalls are a pain to work around.

RCF

Strata Poster
^Nah I already got everything done by the time I posted this so too late! :p

And now it's time for some night pics before I show the real thing!

Train pulling out of the first drop
shot0033p.png

Train on the straightaway of the beach
shot0032.png

Train in the straightaway of the beach
shot0035f.png

And just the beach
shot0037s.png

And the nightmare from the left
shot0039t.png

And from the right
shot0040.png

And the space
shot0042.png

And finally, a shot with the first corkscrew
shot0041j.png

That's all for the pics, now for the video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZf4SE8s50E[/youtube]

Comments! I will be posting pictures and a video of my first coaster with custom supports, a recreation of Superman: Krypton Coaster!

EDIT: Ok, I will now be posting pics from my first REAL coaster (as in catwalks and custom supports) that I ever made. It's a recreation of Superman: Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Bear in mine that this was my first coaster, so I didn't know how many supports I was supposed to put here and there etc.. So don't make any comments on the over supporting. And even if you do, there's nothing I can do seeing as I deleted the Sandbox it was in so yeah.

Pics!

Lift Hill (a bit over supported)
shot0008l.png

Sadly that's the only pic I had because I don't remember deleting all the other ones. And ImageShack won't let me resize it. But time for the video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0fNusZi_lc[/youtube]

Comments appreciated! (Except about over supporting which I can't stress enough)

CMonster

Giga Poster
That was pretty good! Maybe needs some scenery or whatever, but the coaster itself was nice.

Oh, and, it was oversupported. :wink:

RCF

Strata Poster
^What launch hill? :?

Oh wait are you talking about the tunnels? Because that's from Steelworx which in case you don't have can be downloaded HERE

Snoo

The Legend
You need to make things more.. rounded.. more realistic. It just seems WAY to blocky and.. not real. :)

RCF

Strata Poster
I'm actually in the process of making an Intamin Mega-Lite right now. Will post pics in a bit. It's based on Pirates and actually has some scenery :p ^And this new Mega-Lite is more well rounded

OK, here's some pics (a little sneak peek) of my new Intamin Mega-Lite......

PIRATE

Whole layout
shot0044m.png

Back of station
shot0052.png

Lockers and station
shot0053.png

First drop, high speed turn, and airtime hill
shot0047v.png

Last high speed turn
shot0050j.png

And the last pic for this update, another high speed turn
shot0058c.png

These are just a sneak peek of what's to come. I hope to have the video finished before I leave to Honduras so cross your fingers.

Comments appreciated! :) (and yes, it is very slightly based on Piraten but VERY slightly. Should have the video up by the end of the night)

VIDEO!!!! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D76HJG1mQE[/youtube]