What's new

Rank the Eurofighters (including Smiler)

Edward M

Strata Poster
Some are loved, most are hated, Rate the eurofighters! I put Smiler in there to hear opinions on it even though it is/isn't a eurofighter. I've ridden two.

1. Mystery Mine- unbelievably superb ride. From the great themed indoor section to the end of the ride, every second is amazing. The first below vertical drop is still the second best I have been on (behind Millennium) and I just enjoy the ride overall. Probably my personal favorite in Dollywood (even though THead is by far the best).

2. Saw- good theming and rough ride. The ride's indoor section was fun with a very surprising first drop in the dark. After the big drop and inversion though, a blur of headbanging.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
1. Dare Devil Dive: Such a fun, unique layout that you won't find on any other coaster.

2. Mystery Mine: The theming is awesome, the coaster itself is kind of meh but it's a good family ride and the 2nd drop is crazy!

marc

CF Legend
All crap tbh but if I had to rank them.

1. Saw based on a ride a few weeks back
2. Flunch
3. Rage
4. Speed

Not done smiler yet.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
If you want to look at opinions on the smiler, why don't you just look at the 15 page topic created just for it?

It is not a Eurofighter. It has neither the cars or the drop to be one.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
1. Mystery Mine - Edward pretty much said it all.
2. Untamed - Not to bad of ride. I think its a great fit at Canobie and is the best steel coaster there which isn't saying much as its counterparts are a powered Dragon Wagon and there Corkscrew. It was the first one I went on and I love the zero-g roll.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've only been on Untamed. I really liked it, and as Chris said it's fits perfectly into the park. The first drop is great and the Zero G has some wonderful hangtime. Shame that I've only ridden it once though, and that was two years ago. I might be able to ride it again this summer.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Mystery Mine, for all the reasons mentioned above.
Speed, what? I liked it when I rode it a dozen times in an hour the first month it was open.
Untamed
Spongebob, very good on opening day. not so good a year later.
Typhoon, even though it seemed to be the most intense of those I've ridden, it gave me a terrible headache.

fefa

Mega Poster
I have a general dislike for Eurofighters and fortunately haven't been on that many but here's my ranking:

1. Speed
2. Vild Svinet
3. Rage
4. Typhoon
5. Saw

I heard though that Fluch von Novgorod is supposed to be the best and Huracan the worst.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Fluch Von Novgorod - The outside bit is a bit crap, but the indoor section is excellent and the launch is fantastic. I rode it before it was even finished as well. Brutal braking though.

2. Saw - I've never understood the hate for it at all. Then again, I've only ridden it 4-5 times, so I haven't ruined it for myself.

3. Mystery Mine - The theming and lifthill effects are stunning. However, they're not quite enough to compensate for a really dull, boring coaster.

4. Falcon - Exactly the same as Rage, but in a much, much nicer location that makes it an overall better experience.

5. Rage - Good little coaster for a small park like Adventure Island, but that's about the extent of it.

6. Typhoon - I didn't dislike it, and the layout is actually pretty decent. I just preferred the ones listed above.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Mystery Mine - A very cool "place making" roller coaster with a great the e and surrounding ambience area. However, I'd be lying if I said the ride layout is something to write home about.

2. Iron Shark - A fun little coaster with a lot of pep (and no otsrs). Given its tiny foot print and presence on a pier, it is quite the machine.

Casio

Mega Poster
1. Saw - A decent ride. The indoor section is excellent; the drop gives a lot of air and the crossbows are nice. The outdoor is not great, the drop isn't up to much, reasonable airtime hill, and the final dive loop and turnaround are just awful.

2. Rage - As most people think, it's pretty damn good for what and where it is. Fun, fast and a good drop. If only Adventure Island had backed it up with other installations.

I've been on Smiler, but I've also been on Gwazi and Superman Escape from Krypton so that's not really relevant. However if I wanted to compare Smiler to the Eurofighters then I'd rank it above both; it makes up for the lack of drop with well paced inversions, a long ride, decent theming and two wonderful pops of air.

jolash

Mega Poster
Iron Shark - Surprisingly wicked ride and leaves you overly satisfied despite its short length. One of my favorites of any coaster. Oh and no OTSRs.

Spongebob - Mediocre, but good. Good spot for it considering this is a 3 ride list.

Mystery Mine - Just thoroughly underwhelming, personally. Could be because I'm not impressed with coasters that have dark ride portions, ie, RotM, etc.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Fluch Von Novgorod: Launch is amazing, as is the enclosed over vertical drop.

Smiler: A good long ride, but a little jerky here and there

Typhoon: Very smooth, but not as exciting as the two above

Saw:The Ride: Can be horrible, but is still interesting.

Vild Svinet: Not too rough, just very dull.

Speed: Just utter crap, headache inducing coaster

I know Anubis and Lynet are launch coasters, but if i were to put them in this list, Lynet would be between FVN & Smiler and Anubis would be between Smiler & Typhoon.

Edward M

Strata Poster
1. Mystery Mine- unbelievably superb ride. From the great themed indoor section to the end of the ride, every second is amazing. The first below vertical drop is still the second best I have been on (behind Millennium) and I just enjoy the ride overall. Probably my personal favorite in Dollywood (even though THead is by far the best).

2. Saw- good theming and rough ride. The ride's indoor section was fun with a very surprising first drop in the dark. After the big drop and inversion though, a blur of headbanging.

3. Dare Devil Dive - probably the best coaster of the three actually, in terms of elements, smoothness, and especially restraints. However, I think the best element of the eurofighters I've done have been theming and tight manuevers, something this one lacks. (also Mystery Mine is not an unbelievably superb ride. More of an unbelievably okay ride.)

Last edited: