What's new

Rank the BandM wing coasters

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Need I explain more?

anyway - my order is:

1 - Swarm (particularly with the new headchoppers)
2 - Mraws (Rather bleugh)

Has anyone ridden all 5?

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ seriously?

I've only ridden Raptor and I have to say it was pretty good, nice, smooth coaster. It is a bit too tame to finish in my top5, but it is my 4th favorite B&M

Edward M

Strata Poster
1. Swarm- great head and footchoppers with an overall fun layout
2. Wild Eagle- very forceless with no head or footchoppers but still fun

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
1) Swarm: didn't think it was great at first love it now, as it just so much fun. A little on the short side though.
2) Raptor: Not as thrilling as swarm, but still smooth and fun

BBH

Giga Poster
I just posted this topic about 3 months ago, but here we go again.

1. X-Flight

That's it. It's a superb coaster.

Rach

Giga Poster
1 - Raptor

The head/foot choppers work, it's fun, fairly forceful and just a downright good coaster. If only B&M had stuck with their prototype ideas...

2 - Swarm/Marws

Good fun, but doesn't flow as well as Raptor. Some of the head/foot choppers work, the majority don't. The backwards seats are interesting, but that's as far as my opinions go on it!

3 - Gatekeeper
Bleugh, I'm still wondering how B&M got this so wrong! I've got a feeling Cedar Fair and wanting something bigger and better than anything else in the world has a major part to play in it!
B&M shouldn't have built it, it just takes away the point of a wing coaster with having few near misses and lots of inversions and track over a large space! The only thing I like about it is the zero-g over the entrance and through the key hole! The outside key hole inversion is VILE, it shudders, shakes and knocks you about whilst restricting you breathing even more!
I did have to laugh when I was over there last month and the station op in Maverick asked a full station whether they liked Gatekeeper over Maverick, the resounding no from the station (apart from 1 person) made me laugh!

(As you can tell, I didn't like Gatekeeper one bit)!

peep

CF Legend
Same as Rach...

1 - Raptor, great fun coaster, the near misses and landscaping of the whole area is perfect

2 - Swarm, a fun coaster but not enough near misses, the new billboard is a good update but still not enough. The water effects are also pathetic compared to the ones on Raptor.

3 - Gatekeeper, the restraints just can't deal with lots of force, it is slightly evident on the other two but this one is just ridiculous. The fact I was finding it hard to breathe towards the end of the ride shows how poor of a design it is.

Taxi

Mega Poster
1. Wild Eagle
2. Flying over the Rainforest
3. Raptor
4. GateKeeper
5. X-Flight / The Swarm

Inb4 troll comments...
Most of these are just based on layouts/pov's/theming. :--D

BBH

Giga Poster
Taxi said:
1. Wild Eagle
2. Flying over the Rainforest
3. Raptor
4. GateKeeper
5. X-Flight / The Swarm

Inb4 troll comments...
Most of these are just based on layouts/pov's/theming. :--D
There is no worse basis for judgement of a coaster than a POV. The execution of X-Flight's theme may not be the best, but the ride experience is absolutely fantastic.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I've ridden the 3 in the US.

1 and 2: X-Flight and Gatekeeper
3. Wild Eagle.

I have a hard time trying to determine if Gatekeeper is better than X-flight. X-Flight is at my home park and I get to ride it frequently, and I've only ridden Gatekeeper twice. X-Flight definitely used the wing design to it's advantage in the whole layout of the ride. Not to mention there is the keyhole through the ATC tower. I'd say it's a fairly solid ride on both sides as well. Gatekeeper is a bit more drawn out, and doesn't have as many swooping turns or inversions to give a unique ride experience on either side. However, it does have the two keyhole elements and it looks spectacular going over the front gate.

Wild Eagle isn't a bad coaster by any means, but it was rather underwhelming. It doesn't really use the wing design to it's advantage in it's layout and is a standard ride. Nothing special about it, just a coaster. It is mildly interesting going through the trees on the mountain. Give it maybe 10-15 years for those trees to grow back, and this may be a really cool experience. Think like Whizzer at SFGAm.

Sharon29060

Roller Poster
I've only ridden one.

1. X-Flight
And it's such an amazing roller coaster, it's smooth, the theming is great, and I always enjoy it when I ride it(my favorite seat is left wing, front row, outside seat! :D)