What's new

Quick Walibi Holland impressions [May 19]

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Visited WH last Friday. Don't have much time to write in detail about the park, but here's some quick thoughts on my re-visit:

jzRxgkU

7YG2WBw

6tPhZ7c

Untamed looks terrific! Walibi Holland's management claims the layout went through many iterations and ajustments to maximal the original structure's potential. Based on the POV, they must be right! The amount of airtime looks outstanding, and the inversions feel just right.

Might as well dump some of the pictures I took during my visit last Friday:

jzRxgkU

7YG2WBw
6tPhZ7c

Otherwise, also got the opportunity to discover Lost Gravity (previously visited Walibi Holland in 05, 06 and 15). Fab little ride with a wicked drop! The little hop after that delivers excellent ejector airtime, some of the best Mack has ever produced - for reference, I rode Helix, Icon, Alpina Blitz and Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends. The first half is very eventful, whereas the half after the mid-course brakes is less intense and focuses on floatier elements. Not exactly overwhelming, but very fun imo nonetheless!

http://instagr.am/p/ByLqwOfo1A9/
bmkmEai

Goliath is still my favourite (for now!) at Walibi Holland, though I must admit nostalgia bias as it was my first Intamin, and still today my most ridden coaster thanks to non-stop marathons back in my teenage years in 05/06. Only the final bunny hops get exhilarating as these provide brilliant ejectors. The elements before that have more 'moderate' intensity, and lack the relentless dynamics of newer Intamins. Despite that, I find Goliath to be very re-ridable - to the point I stayed on the coaster for about 10 laps that day
smile.png

The pictures from imgur don't seem to appear. @GuyWithAStick (or any other admins/mods) any tips for that?