What's new

Question

Ethan

Strata Poster
Would anyone be interested in a small contest where rather than designing the coaster, you have to do all of the support work, and add CS (If wanted). And the designs would be judged on creativity, realism etc.

I know it sounds odd, but could it work? :/

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So you get given a track and you have to do all the supports/scenery for it, or you also make the track but more emphasis is put on the scenery?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Either way, it is just an idea. I can whip up a track in Newton... or you can make your own track. Which do you think would work best?

Bear

Roller Poster
Sounds interesting, I'd love to have a go at building a station and stuff for a track that some randomer sent to me! I think that the focus should just be on the extra bits rather than the track itself, alot of people would lose the will to live if they had to both, there's always loads of comp dropouts as it is!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The issue with both approaches is that neither really removes the fact that the ride is the main component.

If you use one track that everyone has to theme, then people are bound to dislike the track and probably not enter. However it's the fairest way of assessing scenery/support building skill and creativity. On the flip side, if you make people build and theme their own track then no-one will enter due to the massive amount of time it takes to build a full track like that.

I can't really see enough people entering (on this site anyway, we're mostly track builders and don't often do the massive themed projects), so if you want to set it up, by all means do, but don't be surprised if no-one enters.