What's new

Project - Spectrum

scw55

Hyper Poster
Hello. I am new to the Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 community here on Coaster Force however I have been visiting the site for many years now.
I've been enjoying the Rollercoaster Tycoon games for many years and I'm thrilled that finally there are resources for me to share the stuff I make with others.

I would like to share with you my on-going project of making a multi-theme park. It's constantly in developement. Unlike other projects I've seen on this forum, each section does not look 'complete'. My preference of designing parks is: Landscape, then rides and paths, then scenary. However I do have small parts of the park I've tried to polish off fully.

I just don't have the attention span to spend too long making an area perfect. I just want to get on with building interesting coasters or rides that i hope marry well with the scenary.

As the image hosting site I use has a limit to how much I upload, I can only share with you some screenshots of one coaster in my park. It's an underground extended coaster, so prepair for your understanding of which is the right-way up to be challenged.
Unfortuntaly my laptop isn't powerful enough to film videos of my rides, so everything will have to be of static stills.
I hope the first set of photos are ambiguous enough to get you interested, whilst at the sametime show you what I like to achieve in my designs.

Throughout my updates of pictures, I welcome very much any suggestions and tips that could polish off my park.

*Edited Edit* I'm going to try Imageshack to host the images. Perhaps I maybe able to host a few more than usual :)

*Addition* If anyone knows good video captureing software that doesn't destroy FPS of RCT3 please tell me. The in-game video capture gives me 0.5 FPS.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Now I finally realised that I shouldn't be put off the extremely low FPS rate when filming, I've redone this post. There's a in-game screenshot of the station (I'm disatisfied with how the station enterance from the outside looks)

shot0038.png

Video of the Rollercoaster.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rRpR5Znfck[/youtube]

My only gripe I have is at 00:19 the hairpin inverted drop looks a bit brutal. But it is also quite thrilling and unexpected.

With my coaster designs, I always try to do barrel rolls/twists to twist in the opposite direction of where the track banked/banks from/to so that the barrel roll/twist looks more natural and gives a smoother looking ride.

The idea of the ride was an underground small coaster that drops instantly from the station and being able to ride along the track with no help from launches, intill it reaches the end and needs to return to the 'surface'.

I think I'm succesful with how smooth the ride looks and how distorting it is.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Here is an on-ride Video and an outside view screenshot of another of my coasters.

It's called Gravity and it's an Extended Rollercoaster in my Sci-Fi themed zone which is very barren at the moment. I think I'm just planning where each zone will be before I fully flesh each section.

It's a very short coaster. It came from a very small idea I had because I had been playing with Extended Coasters alot.

I think it works very well and I may take some of the elements and apply them to a large coaster in the future.

(It also has very good excitement and Intensity ratings for how little track there is. A good cheap way of making monies if you want to steal the idea for making money in a campaign.)

View from outside:

shot0109.png

On-ride Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORCfIXjYYc[/youtube]