What's new

Project Guaraguao: [WIP] Costa Dorada (Phase 3!)

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: Project Guaraguao: [WIP] Unnamed Park (Phase 2!)

The beta will be sent once half the 3DS is done. Check your PMs in the coming week or so. If anyone else wants to help, there is always time to join in. Thanks all in advance for helping out!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Project Guaraguao: [WIP] Costa Dorada (Phase 2!)

So I've taken a look at the beta version that Glennderp shared, and here are my thoughts. I'll bear in mind that you're only at Phase 2, as some of my comments (I'll put them in italics), are probably things you'll be picking up in Phase 3.

Coasters
Guaraguao: On the whole, quite good. I think the pacing really slowed down after the final corkscrew, and the fact it feels like it's stalling on the Immelmann at the end is a bit of a shame. I liked the first half of the layout, and the setting and colours and stuff, but the spacing at the end stuck out to me. I couldn't access the left hand platform from the queue when in walking mode, I think the tree might have been blocking the path? And I noticed the lamp in the middle of the path for the right hand platform too. Also, just a small gripe with the entrance - it's very difficult to read the "entrance" and "fast lane" signs. I actually only noticed them from behind when they were contrasted against the sky. I think you could either make them a darker shade of grey, or move them back so they're flush with the back side of the stone arch. That way when standing underneath them, you look up to see them contrasted against the sky, not blending in with the stonework.

The Woodie: Nice layout, ruined by the trims. Seriously, feels like it's stopping just as it gets good. I counted three trims, and all of them killed the flow of the ride. Sorry, but this was a potentially nice layout that wasn't well executed.

Kiddie Coaster: Nice. I liked this. It was simple, realistic, well made.

Boomerang: It's a Boomerang, what can I say? Other than at one point I got an error saying that the train had to be returned to the middle of the station. I don't know what that really means, as I wasn't looking at it at the time, but I think there's a problem with it centring on the platform properly? It didn't seem to do it all the time though, so not sure what's going on there?

Other rides: Again, nice. Textures could do with a little work, but I'm not going to hold that against you as they are quite cool. Although the hissing of the shot tower confused me for ages before I worked out that's what it was. :p

General other stuff
-Paths need edges
-There are several different types of path texture, which looks odd. For example, the small area outside the flyer has a much 'denser' spread of cobbles than the area down the hill

Overall, nice. Probably a decent amount of work to go, and I hope you can fix some of the pacing problems on the flyer and woodie, but it's looking good!

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Hixee said:
So I've taken a look at the beta version that Glennderp shared, and here are my thoughts. I'll bear in mind that you're only at Phase 2, as some of my comments (I'll put them in italics), are probably things you'll be picking up in Phase 3.

Coasters
Guaraguao: On the whole, quite good. I think the pacing really slowed down after the final corkscrew, and the fact it feels like it's stalling on the Immelmann at the end is a bit of a shame. I liked the first half of the layout, and the setting and colours and stuff, but the spacing at the end stuck out to me. I couldn't access the left hand platform from the queue when in walking mode, I think the tree might have been blocking the path? And I noticed the lamp in the middle of the path for the right hand platform too. Also, just a small gripe with the entrance - it's very difficult to read the "entrance" and "fast lane" signs. I actually only noticed them from behind when they were contrasted against the sky. I think you could either make them a darker shade of grey, or move them back so they're flush with the back side of the stone arch. That way when standing underneath them, you look up to see them contrasted against the sky, not blending in with the stonework.

The Woodie: Nice layout, ruined by the trims. Seriously, feels like it's stopping just as it gets good. I counted three trims, and all of them killed the flow of the ride. Sorry, but this was a potentially nice layout that wasn't well executed.

Kiddie Coaster: Nice. I liked this. It was simple, realistic, well made.

Boomerang: It's a Boomerang, what can I say? Other than at one point I got an error saying that the train had to be returned to the middle of the station. I don't know what that really means, as I wasn't looking at it at the time, but I think there's a problem with it centring on the platform properly? It didn't seem to do it all the time though, so not sure what's going on there?

Other rides: Again, nice. Textures could do with a little work, but I'm not going to hold that against you as they are quite cool. Although the hissing of the shot tower confused me for ages before I worked out that's what it was. :p

General other stuff
-Paths need edges
-There are several different types of path texture, which looks odd. For example, the small area outside the flyer has a much 'denser' spread of cobbles than the area down the hill

Overall, nice. Probably a decent amount of work to go, and I hope you can fix some of the pacing problems on the flyer and woodie, but it's looking good!

Thanks for Testing! The textures I noticed before I sent it out and I'm already working on it. I'm gonna try to rework both Guaraguao and Hombre Lobo on the pacing issues as much as I can for the next beta. Also trying to figure out why cant the Boomerang center itself which is a huge annoyance. I was skeptic at first on the Entrance signs and you are right, they are really hard to see. All 3DS will also be reworked on as well as paths. Again thanks for testing! Next Beta probably coming later this month.

For those who still want to participate in the beta, there is still time to do so!

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

I apologize for the delay. My computer **** up and was being repaired. Due to this, I will release the first version publicly and will update it as time goes by. This will allow me to work on Infra Turbo Pig Cart, which is almost done.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
A quick snapshot. Public beta 1 coming.
WJ2YJwB.png