What's new

Pretzel Loops: Love them or hate them

Pretzel Loops: Love them or hate them

• Total voters

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I feel that pretzel loops are such a marmite inversion and I thought I was going to love Manta before going on it. Unfortuantley, I am digusted. I had a cold at the time and the pressure really build up in my sinus & my nose and that felt horrible plus the postition you're in when it's most intense wasn't nice. Also whited out, but that happens on a lot of coasters nowadays. Also what is annoying is that all I can remember about the ride is that disgusting prezel loop and little else and considering both rides were front row I think I should have better things to say. Feel like I missed out! :(
I was really looking forward to rideing the likes of Tatsu and Flying Dinosaur but not as much now! :(

Pear

Strata Poster
I love pretzel loops they're the best part of flyers. Tatsu's insane pretzel loop is one of the reason I love it so much, it's just so intense!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
One of the best maneuvers out there, love 'em. It always grieved me that Air/Galactica didn't have one incorporated into the layout.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Gross! I like intensity just not that kind, not exactly sure why. The first time I did manta it really took me by surprise, not something I expect on a nice looking B&M haha! Only done Manta's one but will hopefully be doing superman at sfgadv soon. Maybe I'll grow to like then???? Maybe not.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah I love 'em. The feeling is unlike anything else... it's exclusivity to flying coasters make them a little more special.

Will

Strata Poster
I'm tempted to say 'indifferent' because they haven't reached Europe yet. They look fun though.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Love them every once in a while. There's not many moments on a coaster that you can get absolutely CRUSHED with forces like that. It's pretty great

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
So I've always been saying that Superman's only highlight was the Pretzel loop. Because, well, it's the only forceful part of the ride. But I've had a bit of a think, and realized that it's really just 3-5 seconds of just pure g force on your stomach/back. I also realized I don't like it when I can't breath, so I think I'm going to say no, I don't like them.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ya I’m on the love side even tho I got spited by Tatsu. The inversion is often the highlight of a flying coaster for me. As others have said, it’s an odd sensation, but I rather like the positive Gs on the body, unique and intense.

JSM

Mega Poster
Not sure yet. I've done Tatsu's, and it's really the only coaster element I'm a little nervous for anymore. I've had some good rides and bad rides through the loop, but haven't experienced it enough to make up my mind.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Used to love, but ever since I ****ed my back, have been afraid to try them out again. Not worth it honestly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk